Cheap Flight controller, OSD and GPS options for 2M Volantex V2

Robbie

Hey guys,

I reacently bought a 2M HK Firstar 2000 V2. I know it has many issues with Tip stalling when gliding and I plan to fly it FPV a lot for long periods. I have upgraded the powerplant so i am getting roughly 2.5kg of thrust 3S which is a lot more than the estimated Stock 1kg.

Because of the tip stalling and the fact I plan to fly it FPV a lot, what cheap options do I have in terms of flight controllers or GPS moduels.

I was thinking getting Micro HKPilot Mega Master Set and running it with my Orange box.

Or I could get an Frsky GPS moduel for a log cheaper, but the I have to run an 8XR which is risky with 1.3 FPV and it means I don't get flight stabilisation.

Do I have any other optinons, I don't want to spend more than $150.

Thanks,
Robbie

HawkMan

orange box ? as in a regular DSMX compatible orange receiver? why would that be LESS risky than an X8R ?

HawkMan

In that case the difference would be range, the X8R, especially if you have a larger antenna on the taranis has 2k range. at the very least(and I can attest to this) well beyond visual range for the 2M volantex planes.

and 1.3 won't interfere with 2.4 as neither full, half or quarter wavelength should be close enough. and the build in RSSI telemetry on the X8R can be a lifesaver.

either way, I would consider the HKPIlot mega or a cheap pixhawk variant if you don't have someone to help you launch. having the auto launch option on them would help immensely to get it into the air.

Paul-H

Hi

Another option to look at would be the CC3D Revo that version IIRC adds Proper GPS to the low cost CC3D board and is still one of the lower cost options with GPS RTH etc