cheap motors

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
+1 on eBay but really, if you find a fairly reliable resource any cheaper than HobbyKing you better let US know.

There are some reasonable alternatives for good motors.
PlaneInsaneRC
HeadsUpRC
HobbyPartz
RC Timer

Last edited:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I haven't found any cheaper than hobbyking. Hobbypartz is probably closest and the shipping times to the us are much less. Hard to beat hobbyking though.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I haven't found any cheaper than hobbyking. Hobbypartz is probably closest and the shipping times to the us are much less. Hard to beat hobbyking though.

You won't EVER beat hobbyking! If you find something that's cheaper than HobbyKing, then you send them the link, and they'll lower the price to make it cheaper!

Airwolf

Not necessarily true - HobbyKing isn't that cheap when you keep in mind the shipping/handling price. Not to mention customs on higher-value orders... Still the best choice of products with good quality-to-price ratio.

I can find products that ARE cheaper if you keep in mind how much it costs to ship them but of course "shelf" price will be higher.

I'll still choose HK not because of the price, but because many product's can't be found anywhere else or quality of service can't be compared.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Not necessarily true - HobbyKing isn't that cheap when you keep in mind the shipping/handling price. Not to mention customs on higher-value orders... Still the best choice of products with good quality-to-price ratio.

Meh, forgot about that.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Hobbypartz is having a really good deal on motors and esc's right now. They have a 28x10 1080 kv with 18amp esc combo for 24 dollars and many more like that.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I like the Hobbypartz motors.
I'm running a couple of their 3010 Rocket Series motors.
They appear rock solid.
Got a 1700kv in my combat plane and a1400kv in the Supercub.

It was an oversight to leave HobbyPartz off of my list above- I fixed it :)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I haven't tried their motors yet but I'm really happy with their metal gear t-pro servos I got. Seven bucks and they showed up weeks faster than hobbyking. So far they are working great.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Are you talking about the mg90s?
I use those as well. They are the exact same servos that Hobbyking sells.
I use them in my combat planes. They hold up well. I have bought them from HobbyPartz and HobbyKing.
Watch HobbyPartz, every once in while they go on sale for six bucks a piece.
Only difference is HobbyPartz gets them to me in 3 days :)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Yep. The mg90s. I have them on the swash of my blade 400 right now and they seem to be working fine. They're on sale for 6 bucks right now. Here's a link for everyone else.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg90s.html

You're right they are waaay faster. I usually buy from hobbyking when I'm planning a build down the road but if I need to do repairs, they just aren't fast enough.

ifly4I

I tried hobbypartz for the first time and I had it in 3 days exact. And they have free shipping on orders over 50 dollars. I also heard that the Dynum esc's are programmable with the turnigy programming card.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
+1 for RCTimer
Quality is same as Turnigy standard motors (shafts, bearings, wiring, etc)
Their A2208 and A2212 range is great !
Prices maybe just a few USD higher but cheap (and fast!) shipping.
The ESC's are identical to the Turnigy Plush and always in stock ..

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I tried hobbypartz for the first time and I had it in 3 days exact. And they have free shipping on orders over 50 dollars. I also heard that the Dynum esc's are programmable with the turnigy programming card.

Yes- I have programmed both the Dynham and the Proton series ESC with the Turnigy card.