cheap motors

ifly4I

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
Thanks guys, glad to have ya!. And I know what you mean. We have a local hardware store and the 80 year old crusty coot makes it clear that you are a dumbass for asking a question. We like the layed back, hang out atomisphere. No dumb questions here. A lot of the other forum sites are the same way and assume that everyone should know everything and should have "USED THE SEARCH" function. I am pretty well versed in the hobby but i learn new stuff every day and I think that it's important to pass that knowledge along.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Thanks guys, glad to have ya!. And I know what you mean. We have a local hardware store and the 80 year old crusty coot makes it clear that you are a dumbass for asking a question. We like the layed back, hang out atomisphere. No dumb questions here. A lot of the other forum sites are the same way and assume that everyone should know everything and should have "USED THE SEARCH" function. I am pretty well versed in the hobby but i learn new stuff every day and I think that it's important to pass that knowledge along.

Yeah, I get really sick of people telling me to use the search function. A lot of times I have used it and didn't get the information I was looking for or I'm looking for more recent information or maybe I want to get a fresh perspective. When people chew you out for asking a question it really makes me lose interest in them or anything they have to say. I appreciate coming here where I feel I can talk with people openly and not be criticized or put down for asking a question.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah, I get really sick of people telling me to use the search function. A lot of times I have used it and didn't get the information I was looking for or I'm looking for more recent information or maybe I want to get a fresh perspective. When people chew you out for asking a question it really makes me lose interest in them or anything they have to say. I appreciate coming here where I feel I can talk with people openly and not be criticized or put down for asking a question.

But it's still annoying when they ask you: "Hey, how do I reverse a servo?"

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
But it's still annoying when they ask you: "Hey, how do I reverse a servo?"

But wouldn't the correct response be to help them reverse their servo, then afterwards inform them about a search function instead of belittling them for not knowing and wasting our so important time so they go away disappointed and still don't have the information? I think that would be a lot better experience and would encourage people to ask questions. Some forums only seem to be around for people to brag about how much they know without having to share it with people.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yeah- agreed. Search is a nice feature, but if you are a newb you may not even know what to search for.
Big hobby, lots of stuff to learn.
There are forums and threads that I avoid where you see a lot of that kind of thing going on.

I like it here

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Not to beat a dead horse but sometimes when I search for things I may not know enough to understand the conversation that I find or the conversation gets side tracked so much that it's confusing. Then when I get frustrated and just want to ask someone for help I get told to go search. That's when I leave that forum and don't come back. I hope this one will never get that way.