Cheap or Free simulator for Mac Computer?

matthew954

Since I've switched to OSX I've gone into withdrawal, I had RealFlight G4.5 up that point. I wonder if I can use my Interlink Elite with Aerofly?

Silentrun

I use bootcamp to switch between OSX and Windows. Have RF, Phoenix and Aeroly. They all have their particular strengths and weaknesses.

Micha

Noobidoo
If you really want something free I recommend using RC Desk Pilot and using Bootcamp to switch to Windows on a mac.

I'm using aerofly and it's awesome. I'm using a little program called "Smartpropoplus" to connect my Turnigy 9X to my pc just using the trainer port. Also if you really want to get aerofly but don't want to spend any money, I know someone that got Aerofly Ultimate Edition for free. I'm not saying that this is the right thing to do but you can actually download Aerofly illegally and having an awesome simulator wothout even spending any money. I do not recommend doing it because it's illegal but the option is there...

The words "Cheap", "Free" and "Mac" shouldn't be used together...

I don't know, I run a lot of FOSS software on my Mac no issues. While it wasn't cheap, it wasn't all that more expensive than a similarly loaded laptop from another manufacturer. I used to hate on them pretty hard till my past two jobs both issued me one for dev work. After seeing the value first hand, using it, and beating on it, it finally made sense. Home-brew is your friend.

It's why the most recent purchase went that way. Never in a million years would I have thought to switch till my employers dropped them in my lap. Note I do embedded dev work, not iOS work. I've discovered a lot of my dev and IT friends are making the switch.

As to the main thread. I run bootcamp for other reasons so I also just spool Phoenix in there. Phoenix runs decently well in VMware too BTW, I suspect Parallels has decent performance as well. Neither options fall into the Free camp, but definitely in the well supported camp.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The words "Cheap", "Free" and "Mac" shouldn't be used together...

"How much is a Windows license again?" - asks the man who didn't pay for any OS updates in the last few years. ;-)

I'm having exactly the same story as Barron.Barnett. I changed from PCs with Linux and about 90% of the software I'm using on my Mac is open source.

iDoitall

Anyone know if a macbook Air would run aerofly? I'm dying to get a sim but I don't want to spend the money on upgrading if I don't have to.