Chiroptera Tow Glider (in progress)

dificlut

Chiroptera Basic Specs.

33 Inches Long
40 inch wingspan (removable one peice wing)
4 inch wide chord
Tow release servo 1 inch from the front of the plane
Made from bass wood and some balsa.
Background

I first began this glider due to inspiration from some swiss gliders and vintage gliders like the Austria Elephant. Soon, the idea of a rudder on the bottom fascinated me, and I began work. The first step I took was sketch multiple designs of the plane, what the rudder would look like, etc. I then drew up plans of the gliders with a life size drawing of the 33 inch long glider on 3 sheets of sketch paper. Once the drawing was finished, I marked a vertical line every inch from left to right of the plane, from the bottom to the top of the design. Once I had the measurements of the vertical lines, I began working with the pethagorean theorem to find the distance of the octagons from one side length to the opposite. I was then able to accurately cut out octagons for the body of the glider, and right now I am at F10 and F11 of 33, the last two octagons that I need to cut and place on the fuselage to finish the area of the removable wing. That is where I am now, I will take any advice from anybody if you will stay positive :D. The final skeleton of the the body and wing will be covered in cream colored monokote, to give it the vintage feel that I love to get when I make (most) things. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2207.jpg
    IMG_2207.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg