Choose the next nnBuild

Spastickitten

What about a p-63 kingcobra, I think that the wings compliment your build style.

P63Chino2006.jpg

Last edited:

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Grumman F4F Wildcat, or its lesser known brother, the F5F Skyrocket. the P-66 Vanguard would also be very cool Unknown-2.jpeg Unknown-1.jpeg

Last edited:

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
What do you think you could do for the U-2? Given your talents, and all the black foam board everyone keeps passing up to get to the white, I think you could produce an EDF that would give any Radian motor glider a run for its money.

Plus there is the cool factor too.

Aeronaut

Build+Crash= +more power!
I second a U-2 I would build one the instant plans come out. Plus my grandfather helped design parts of it

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
These are all great requests! I've been waiting for someone to say 'how about you finish the nnDLG and nnP-38 first'

Considering this thread is why the P-38 was selected, and that it's nearly a year old, this marks my longest development time for any design.

Which is funny since the nnP-39 took me less than 2 weeks from idea to maiden o.o

Bdpgraphics

I say you get back to the plane that is close to both you and I, the C-130. I've been waiting for a good DTFB C-130 for a long time now.

Tater76

Hi Nic, I know that the design suggestions get out of hand, but I have just two last suggestions. Art Chester's "Jeep", and "Goon". I think the lines of these planes are absolutely gorgeous, especially the Goon. It just emanates speed and style. I also think that the Jeep's square nose would be easy to replicate with DTFB. I think I will try my hand at putting these in Sketchup anyway, and If I can get a plan together, I will gladly share it for your, or anyone's tweaking. However, I think your skills would do either of these planes justice :) Goon.jpg Jeep2.jpg Jeep4Large.jpg

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
How about a collaborative venture with SP0NZ? Maybe a trainer of some sorts? ;)

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Hi Nic, I know that the design suggestions get out of hand, but I have just two last suggestions. Art Chester's "Jeep", and "Goon". I think the lines of these planes are absolutely gorgeous, especially the Goon. It just emanates speed and style. I also think that the Jeep's square nose would be easy to replicate with DTFB. I think I will try my hand at putting these in Sketchup anyway, and If I can get a plan together, I will gladly share it for your, or anyone's tweaking. However, I think your skills would do either of these planes justice :) View attachment 52154 View attachment 52155 View attachment 52156
i am all for the Goon and Jeep, as i greatly admire Art Chester's aircraft. my father has the old 21st Century Black Baron Chester Jeep. apparently it flys very good

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
The Goon sure does... I did have to enlarge the vertical stab and rudder to increase surface area by 120% to get it to track better. It was a scale compromise but it was a good decision. Had to have the bungee launch as the wing area is so little. The wing span is shorter than the fuselage length. Lands very hot. Super fun build too. I've since gutted it for the parts but the airframe hangs from the rafters. This plane got the "need for speed" out of my system.

Last edited:

offaxis

These are all great requests! I've been waiting for someone to say 'how about you finish the nnDLG and nnP-38 first'

Nic, why don't you finish the nnDLG and nnP-38 first? haha. But honestly the amount of quality planes that your putting out by yourself is incredible so no one has the right to complain.