Commuter Extra Parts

bbrennen

I just got done building the commuter and followed the video directions for the build. I also did a search for other videos/articles that had modifications without any luck. I have questions about the extra parts that I show in the picture. There were also 2 popsicle sticks that I used to reinforce the foam area that I'm going to put the BBQ sticks through for rubber bands to hold the wing on instead of gluing it on.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Attachments

• 20210317_083239.jpg
    20210317_083239.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210317_083330.jpg
    20210317_083330.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210317_083357.jpg
    20210317_083357.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
The piece of foamboard that is extra is for getting the throws on the control surfaces correct. The other stuff is Velcro for holding the battery in place, and Coffee stirrers for push rod housings. I'm not sure why they include zip ties or a chunk of plywood since they are not needed.
I think your idea for the removable wing is great! Good Luck!

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Far left in the first photo is your rate guide, set your rates in the Tx to have that much throw on the control surfaces. I’m not sure about the white strip, the paint stir stick is for a spar in the wing to make it be more durable, if you already folded the wing don’t worry about it.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just got done building the commuter and followed the video directions for the build. I also did a search for other videos/articles that had modifications without any luck. I have questions about the extra parts that I show in the picture. There were also 2 popsicle sticks that I used to reinforce the foam area that I'm going to put the BBQ sticks through for rubber bands to hold the wing on instead of gluing it on.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Here's a thread where I did some mods to mine:
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...eable-wing-mod-for-top-loading-battery.60214/
Like the others said, the extra parts are the throw gauge, coffee stirrers (for the pushrods), zip ties (tidying up wiring), and wood for the spar.