CONGRADULATIONS FLITETEST!!!

BornToSoar

Watching my television tonight and who did I see? You guys! On daily planets "invent this" week, Flitetest was featured there with the helicarrier for all those who don't know yet... But anyway! Congrats to you all, and you guys looked great on TV! Good job flitetest! Keep it up

BornToSoar

Yeah it was on discovery canada, and yes that's the right trailer... I have a low resolution video of their clip from the TV and I may try to share it on this thread through the account eyeinthesky0705... Might try that tomorrow but well see

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
It's really cool to see FT making the "Big Leagues" by getting featured in all these other websites and shows.

It'd just be nice to not see people call them "drone fliers".

HawkMan

we need to stop being offended by the word drone, they and all rc craft are drones. You will never be able to stop people calling them drones, it's easy, i's catch all abs it's correct. instead inform people that drones aren't bad.

RichB

we need to stop being offended by the word drone, they and all rc craft are drones. You will never be able to stop people calling them drones, it's easy, i's catch all abs it's correct. instead inform people that drones aren't bad.

Fight it until your dying breath

William A

Billy did it....
never-give-up-11-5.jpg

HawkMan

Why ? I happen to think that drone is a very good name. it certainly is easier that forcibly using quad rotor, multi rotor, hexacopter, octocopter non-flying with with camera and so on.

it's a good name, it's easy, it's short, and;

an unmanned aircraft or ship that can navigate autonomously, without human control or beyond line of sight:
the GPS of a U.S. spy drone.

(loosely) any unmanned aircraft or ship that is guided remotely:
a radio-controlled drone.

it is correct.

On top of that, it will cost you way more energy to make everyone stop using the word drones, (you will also never succeed) than it will to change peoples perception of the word by showing them, by telling them, by letting them experience and take part.

It could even be argued that while everyone who wants their hobby to be safe insists on using other words to describe their hobby and equipment are ultimately harming the hobby, because a few minutes later, they log on to FOX news and get told how bad drones are, in the meantime you've told them your stuff isn't a bad drone even if it's the same stuff, so they will support a ban on drones not realising drones aren't bad and all the cool and non threatening stuff you showed them are the same thing FOX called drones and they aren't really bad.

Last edited:

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
It could even be argued that while everyone who wants their hobby to be safe insists on using other words to describe their hobby and equipment are ultimately harming the hobby, because a few minutes later, they log on to FOX news and get told how bad drones are, in the meantime you've told them your stuff isn't a bad drone even if it's the same stuff, so they will support a ban on drones not realising drones aren't bad and all the cool and non threatening stuff you showed them are the same thing FOX called drones and they aren't really bad.

A very important point. I for one hadn't even thought of that.

Ok fine, I accept that people are going to call them drones. Let's go defend our drones then.

Although I still insist that a drone is a male bee.
They get turned out in winter to die.

Lorenzo

Yes, good point, however, language is an incredibly powerful tool; it can be manipulated and exploited to skew perceptions and advance agendas, i.e. "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques." I think sometimes it is necessary to reclaim honest language before perceptions can be changed. "Drone" is a ridiculous word to use in describing remote control aircraft, even if it is technically correct as a "loose" definition. That being said, owning the word "drone" to spread awareness may not be a bad strategy, especially if it leads to a widespread realization that, "oh, these actually aren't drones...they're just RC airplanes...you know, for fun."

Last edited:

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
Cool, Josh should become an interviewer!;) I can still see some guy driving along, goes oh, a boat, then looks back, OMG!!!!