Cox PT-19 for indoor RC


Elite member
I'm sure I am being too particular, but the fuse ended up wider than its height. Doesn't look bad, but isn't accurate to the original Cox.




Master member
I'm sure I am being too particular, but the fuse ended up wider than its height. Doesn't look bad, but isn't accurate to the original Cox.
Redraw the fuselage plan by hand. Keep the dimensions that work and redraw the ones that are wrong. It doesn't have to be exact, use TLAR measurement (That Looks About Right). All you need is a ruler, pencil and eraser.


Techno Nut
Really cool to see old stuff reborn. I have a New old stock Mattel wing from the '70s that I've thought about busting out and modernizing. Get rid of the old Ni-Cad batteries, and put RC on it replacing the "disk" pattern control



Active member
I have one of those, my wife found it still in the box at an antique store, I have been wanting to make an FT version,


Elite member
I am calling the fuse done.

It was assembled from Dollar Tree foam board with the paper removed; one piece for each side and 3 layers on the top. A couple bulkheads to keep it square and some fillers at the nose. Then everything was sanded to shape.


The covering didn't turn out quite as good as I would've liked, but good enough. Trying to get it smoothed around the curves was difficult without heating it too much for the thin foam beneath.


With the fuse wrapped up, I was able to set everything together for the first time.



Elite member
All the components were aligned and glued into place.


The dummy .049 cylinder and both mini pilots came from Willy Nillies. The windscreens were cut from some scrap lexan I had laying around and framed using black vinyl.


The motor is a Turnigy 1811-2000kv outrunner with an HTIRC 12A ESC. I had a Top Flite 6x3 nylon prop in my collection that will hopefully be about right and used a red spinner nut from Willy Nillies to finish off the nose.


Initial balance tests showed this model to be very nose heavy. With that in mind, I mounted the tail servos in the aft fuse. I started with a pair of Spektrum linear servos harvested from a wrecked UMX plane but found them to be bad once they had a slight load on them. They were replaced by a pair of Emax ES-9251-II servos and then everything was good. For the aileron servo, I used a Turnigy 3.6g. The control horns are from Willy Nillies. With a Spektrum AR6100 tucked in just above the wings TE, everything was plugged in and programmed.


The final balance was achieved without any additional weight by placing the front edge of the battery flush with the wings LE. The finished weight RTF came out to 128g (4.5 oz).


Now I just have to find an opportunity to test-fly it!




Master member
Dude! That's awesome. When I was IL, there were 2 places I had for indoor flying & both of them dominated with retired old guys. If I was still there, I'd build one in a heartbeat just to see how many guys would look @ it and go back down memory lane.