I build things that fly (sometimes)
A lot more work done last night.
- Installed the remote receiver in the rear of the model. Receiver is a X8R and I used this 3D printable mount to ensure the antennas remain properly aligned for the best possible reception. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:258146
- Added rear turtle-deck skin
- Installed aileron servos and secured extensions. Due to the sound system transducers and the heat they can create I ensured the extensions were secured with aluminum tape the full length of the wing. I didn't want to risk one rubbing against the transducer and have a possible failure in flight. Also didn't want them rattling around.
- Began work on the standoffs for the motor. I want to get the spacing of the engine from the firewall right and then try to disguise as much of the electronics as I can within the "scale" mess of hoses, wires, and stuff. I think the ESC will hide neatly in the oil tank but I'll cross that bridge in a bit.