Crashing makes me sad lol

hunterisbest18

every time I crash I think that how easy they are too break cause they are foam. I also get disappointed after ripping the wing off my corsair on day 2 of the plane. but tape it and fly again. I remember that its foam and is easy to fix and replace. also if it was wood or plastic if would be more expensive and harder to fix. and I also know not to throw the plane upside down to fly because it goes into the ground.

IFlyRCstuff

Flyer Of Many Things
LOL yeah, crashing is part of the nature of the hobby. on the bright side, foam is easy to repair or replace. You may want to look into reinforcement to help with the inevitable crashes

Crashing makes me sad too because now I am going to have to spend time fixing a plane, instead of building a new one... to crash.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Repairing is often cheaper than replacing . . . assuming you're clever about it.

Buying replacement parts is easy, but more often than not the most expensive way to go. Rebuilding parts from the broken pieces isn't always possible, but not only can it be cheaper, you build practical skills while you're at it. If all else fails . . . for it to exist, someone had to be able to make it. Why not you too? You'd be surprised what you can fabricate from scratch with the right materials and a few simple tools.

If you've got a tricky repair and need some suggestions for how to do it on the cheap, there's a wealth of knowledge hanging around to get you pointed in the right direction.