de Havilland Tiger Moth - Design

unrauv

DH-82.png
Thinking of a PropDrive 28x26 1200 Kv with 30 Amp esc.
Battery : 2200 mha 3S

Wing Span : 992 mm
Fuse Length : 702 mm

1 Wing : Wing Area = 757.54 sq cm
Total Wing area = 3030.16 sq cm.
Fuse Area : 40.763 sq cm x 2 = 81.5 sq cm

Last edited:

LJSpit

LJSpit
Gotta luv a Tiger. Iconic airplane, flying to this day. I might have a go at this design of yours. You sure turn them out! ;) What motor battery combo would you suggest?

TooJung2Die

Master member
I put my biggest motor in your SE-5a and I'm fresh out of receivers. I'm gonna have to crash something soon. :p

TooJung2Die

Master member
I read these airplanes were so popular in GB at one time that any small private biplane was generically called a Moth. Like a copy machine today is called a Xerox.

unrauv

N Struts...

N-Struts.png
Due to the variation in the builds these struts may have to be modified for each individual build. I am hope they will work most of the time.

OptionalRoundStruts.png
Once the wing is test fitted, you want to add more more round struts from the bottom of the fuse to upper wing.

Last edited:

unrauv

Hi All here is the side View with all the gear installed, does it look OK? I have gone with a FB battery hatch. The key to this plane will be the lighten the tail as much as possible. The model is scale. Cut outs and film could make the different in the overall weight behind CG. Smaller battery if possible maybe.

SideView.png

SideViewNormal.png

Last edited:

TooJung2Die

Master member
That is a very nice looking airplane. It's sleeker than the WWI fighters. I am curious to see what the purpose of the "remove after wing placement" parts are there for.

unrauv

Basically it holds the wing in place, glue it. Place the up wing on the inside n struts. Etc... I will post more picture of the wings and fuse cut outs. Need your input. You cut it off after you don't need it anymore.

Last edited: