Dead Turnigy 9x - reversed battery polarity

dflash

Well, the story has a happy ending after all! Contacted Hobbyking customer support, told them what had happened,they asked me to create an RMA request and upload a video to YouTube showing the TX not working. They reviewed it and are sending me a replacement unit for free!!!!
They have a customer for life.

dflash

HECK YEAH... Well things have taken a turn for the betterer..(i know thats not a word) i get home from work and find the parts I had ordered from electronic supply store. And i say what the heck..nothing to loose this radio is busted already. So go ahead and warm up the iron and give it one last try. Guess what??? It worked!!!

dflash

I replaced the cap that was blown, used the surface mount i had ordered instead of the barell. And used the VR i ordered from newark.com. Also, dont foget that i had previously repaired the burnttrace under the ribbon cable for the lcd, at the very edge of the board on the top. Call me lucky and slap me twice!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Yes there is a BIG difference between Tantalum SMD Caps (Low ESR) and Electrolytic caps.

Thurmond

joshuabardwell

Mentor
I replaced the cap that was blown, used the surface mount i had ordered instead of the barell. And used the VR i ordered from newark.com. Also, dont foget that i had previously repaired the burnttrace under the ribbon cable for the lcd, at the very edge of the board on the top. Call me lucky and slap me twice!

Just a thought, but maybe it would be a good idea to use the new radio as your primary radio, and save this one as a trainer or part radio, just in case the repair randomly fails in the future.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
In the future, instead of scavenging, why not order from Digikey? I like them because they will ship via USPS First Class, so you don't end up paying $5 to ship a five cent part.

EDIT: What am I saying? Scavenging is awesome! But if you can't find what you need, Digikey is a good choice.

scavenging is the best most of the time i have a grab box of champ, nano, cub,and syma parts