qustions about turnigy 9x power plug/jack

joshuabardwell

Mentor
If you flash the radio to OpenTX, you can change the low voltage alarm value. The stock firmware can't do that. If you go from the stock battery to a higher-voltage one (such as a 3S LiPo), you can use a voltage divider to make the alarm have the correct value again. But going from the stock battery to a lower-voltage one... I'm not sure you can fix that except in firmware.

offaxis

Not the same worries. Yep, charge 'em and leave 'em. I'm using a Zippy 1800 mah, 3s in mine.

I just got a HK 1500ma LiFe for my 9x.

How do I connect it to my TX? Is the best method cutting the JST Balance plug off of the supplied AA battery cage and solder it to my LiFe battery? Also, I have a Accucell 6 charger and the charge plugs are not compatible. What is the easiest plug to convert to to be able to charge the pack? I'm using XT60's for my larger battery packs but need some type of conversion from XT60 to this LiFe pack and a Turnigy 500mAh Lipo that I have.

This adapter would be great but I can't find one on the internet and don't have what it takes to make one. 5e8e17a345fc5e823c707dfeba8f35ec.jpg connectorinbattery.jpg
But that still doesn't solve the charging problem.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:

brettp2004

I just got this battery for my taranis yesterday. I took a "y" harness and cut both of the female servo ends off. I soldered one to a 2s balance lead to use in the tx. I soldered the other to a male xt60 to make an adapter for my charger. They both work great. JUST MAKE SURE THE PINS ARE CORRECT FOR YOUR TX! Red into red and black into black.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I use the 1500LiFe in my 9x and I just used the stock plug. I think I may have had to pull the pins out and swap their positions, but the stock "servo" style plug will fit on the pins in the 9x and since positive is in the center there's no danger of connecting it backwards even though it's not keyed.

offaxis

Yes I did try that. But i wasn't satisfied with the loose fit and the battery didn't fit properly due to the long Futaba plug.

menachg

i've recently opened up my tgy 9x to mod it by a few things and i noticed that the power jack is only routed to the battery and doesn't have a direct circuit to the actual tx board and i was wondering which way i can change that so it will supply power to the tx without any battery inserted so when i'm on the simulator i wouldn't waist the battery. do any of you have any idea how those it work? i didn't examine the wiring carefully enough to know how to rearrange it

joshuabardwell

Mentor
I use the 1500LiFe in my 9x and I just used the stock plug. I think I may have had to pull the pins out and swap their positions, but the stock "servo" style plug will fit on the pins in the 9x and since positive is in the center there's no danger of connecting it backwards even though it's not keyed.

I think that the two outside pins are both connected to ground on the 9x, so I don't think it actually matters, as long as power is in the center. I mean, if you fry your radio, don't blame me, but that's what I remember.