Dear Hobby King, you lost a customer today.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
They won't miss your business. You won't miss the headache of dealing with them . . . but you might miss a piece of gear that you want.

You're right of course... but I'd be remiss to not share my experience. Enough people talk something might be done about it.

Or not.

Either way.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Sent a link over to the HK Customer Service thread on RCgroups.com. Received a nice response from one of their US CS reps. He adv that the overseas reps have limited access, but he could have fixed the issue and to contact him directly next time.

Proves there was a way to fix the issue, but on the other hand, he did apologize for the lack of action. He also added a credit to my account in the even I should want to reorder.

Which, I am still undecided on.

Nice to know they are making an effort though, certianly better than nothing.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
You're right of course... but I'd be remiss to not share my experience. Enough people talk something might be done about it.

Agreed.

In fairness, it HAS improved. As you've discovered they do have domestic support offices that are much more responsive. That used to be a fable nobody believed. Now it's real, but hard to get to . . . progress.

Sharing these experiences and the frequent berating the HK Reps get at festivals has brought this about. I get the impression they want to play with the big boys, not just in profitability via bulk, but have at least enough name they can ask for more in price. To do this the CS has to be better than non-existent, which it used to be. Still needs to improve, so complain away ;)

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I can't pump fuel without entering the correct ZIP, why did your transaction go through in the first place? Did your second order come in?

Justin

ZoomNBoom

Hobbyking could send me a packaged donkey dung by accident, and Id still give them a second, third and possibly fourth chance. Im only half kidding, I just checked my acccunt page, I have 42 orders with them (thank god the site doesnt add up the value of those, Id have heart attack), none have gone wrong, and pretty much all the products where to my satisfaction.

Sure, some took a while (especially from the "international warehouse", read:China), using the website is sometimes a struggle, the availability and different warehouses are a PITA, I wouldnt expect the same customer service I would elsewhere, but if I factor in the money Ive saved compared to anything else available here, I might not even mind customer service department taking 6 month vacations or if they screwed up 1 in 10 orders. Well, unless that one order contained half a dozen FPV goggles, but you get my drift :).

Last edited by a moderator:

abieex

Mentor
My last three orders from the east warehouse have all been shipped within two days of order and one the same day! I guess I'm lucky but i've always had great service from these guys.