Decal Plans - Everybody Join In

Crazy Goats

Hey localfiend, I found a red Highland Bushwacker in the trash at flitefest. It had a firewall, and some 3d printed parts in it still. I have it in my closet now. I still havent gutted the parts yet.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Anyone making skins for the DR-1 and/or the SE-5?

Why yes, yes I am. :) I need to finish up the SE5 first. Here are some recent test shots:

Ex1.jpg Ex2.jpg Ex3.jpg Ex4.jpg Ex5.jpg

Then it's on to the DR1.
and screen grab of the skins on the Phoenix flight sim:
Hope that worked!

Rasterize

Mentor
Stephen, the Storch is BEAUTIFUL!! Any chance I can get the skin? Also, I'd be perfectly willing to donate to the Rasterize skin production fund if you have one. :D

Jay

I have been meaning to get the Storch formated for "public" consumption. Sooo many projects, sooo little time.
As for donations, they are always welcome and will always go back into the RC community. I don't have anything officially set up but srosema@gmail.com in my PayPal.
Thanks Jay!

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Raster...that SE5 is SICK. That looks WAY too good to be in foamboard, and yet it is! I love where this corner of the hobby is going. :)

If you find yourself hankerin' for a jet in your stable, maybe you could take a peek at my A-4 Skyhawk EDF? ;)

I'd always pictured it in either Blue Angels livery, or maybe even "Jester" from Top Gun. In the brown foamboard it's already pretty close to Jester, but not quite. ;)

Attachments

• FT-A4_EDF_v2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 69

Rasterize

Mentor
Hi All!
Here is a link to a zipped file that contains the Billy Bishop SE5 skins. Three PDF's:

FT Tiny SE5 BB V2.PDF - This is the 11X17 skins for the FT Mini SE5. There are 11 pages. I suggest Staples if you don't have an 11X17 printer at home or work. A 20lbs Bond paper works well.

FT Tiny SE5 - Exhaust Windscreen Headrest Billy Bishop.PDF - This is a letter sized page that contains the Complete exhaust system seen in the pics, the windshield and the headrest. I recommend a 80 or 60 lbs uncoated card stock. A home inkjet printer is fine. These are optional parts that can really give your SE5 some scale looks.

FT Mini SE5 Non Skinned Parts.PDF - These are the accessory parts that don't get skins including the FT version of the exhaust as well as guides and gauges. Black and white on whatever paper is cheapest.

This should keep you busy for a while! The only thing missing right now is the Lewis gun for the top which will be coming soon!

Last edited:

Rasterize

Mentor
Raster...that SE5 is SICK. That looks WAY too good to be in foamboard, and yet it is! I love where this corner of the hobby is going. :)
If you find yourself hankerin' for a jet in your stable, maybe you could take a peek at my A-4 Skyhawk? ;)
I'd always pictured it in either Blue Angels livery, or maybe even "Jester" from Top Gun. In the brown foamboard it's already pretty close to Jester, but not quite. ;)

Thanks! Looks cool! I'll check it out! Blue Angles would be cool or even Thunderbirds. Spoz would like that. He likes anything Thunderbird.

Mr.McGoo

So I'm trying to create my own skin for the FT Mini F-22. Im familiar with Photoshop but not so much illustrator.

Somehow I have managed to apply a clipping mask to get the attached cammo on the F22 main wing. But I have no idea how I did it or how to repeat it!

Can anyone suggest a few steps to recreate?

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 12.14.08.png

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
Wow that's cool Mr.Magoo. When your done I'd be into using your skin and building the mini f-22. Nice work.

Rasterize

Mentor
Wrong jet for a Thunderbird theme, save it for an F-16. ;)

Saved me from yet another project! lol! I think I have all the Blue Angle art done any way. the real work goes into panel lines and rivets. The more detail you can pack into a skin the better!

Mr.McGoo

No the camo pattern is a royalty free image. Im just playing around at the moment, dont think i'll ever put that much detail on!!

My method falls over for the canopy sections, apparently its too complicated to mask.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Has anybody skinned, covered their foam with clear tape and then cut out their pieces? How did that work out?