differential thrust programming for DX6e

dredger2

I just built the FT Sea Duck and wanted to do differential thrust but didn't want to use all of my channels to achieve what I wanted and no one on U-tube seemed to know or hadn't figured it out yet so I tried a few things until I ran across a utube video on a spectrum DX6 and 7. I tried the program and it works leaving me a channel for other things like gear retract or candy dropping with the Guinea Pig. At any rate here is the program settings.

Left ESC to Throttle on receiver Right ESC to Aux1 on receiver

go to Channel Assign and go to next that would be Channel Input Config. and put in Aux1 to Throttle

Mix1
Rudder to Aux1
Rate 100% 0%
offset 0%
Trim inh
Switch I prefer C but its up to the user

Mix2
Rudder to Throttle
Rate 0% -100%
Offset 0%
Trim inh
Switch same as Mix1

The switch is used to turn the differential thrust off and on as wanted/needed, hope this is helpful to some one else that just made the jump from DX6i to the DX6e. Good luck.

Last edited:

stvrob_63

Hold on. When you turn off the mix with switch C, are you left with no yaw control at all? Or do you have a rudder servo connected to the rudder output of the receiver?

bobr

Why does....

I just built the FT Sea Duck and wanted to do differential thrust but didn't want to use all of my channels to achieve what I wanted and no one on U-tube seemed to know or hadn't figured it out yet so I tried a few things until I ran across a utube video on a spectrum DX6 and 7. I tried the program and it works leaving me a channel for other things like gear retract or candy dropping with the Guinea Pig. At any rate here is the program settings.

Left ESC to Throttle on receiver Right ESC to Aux1 on receiver

go to Channel Assign and go to next that would be Channel Input Config. and put in Aux1 to Throttle

Mix1
Rudder to Aux1
Rate 100% 0%
offset 0%
Trim inh
Switch I prefer C but its up to the user

Mix2
Rudder to Throttle
Rate 0% -100%
Offset 0%
Trim inh
Switch same as Mix1

The switch is used to turn the differential thrust off and on as wanted/needed, hope this is helpful to some one else that just made the jump from DX6i to the DX6e. Good luck.

I only get about 35% of max thrust when using the rudder. This not enough to swing a Kraken around on the ground. Why is it only 35%

Bob Ross

Luftgucker

Twin motor setup
This was copied from earlier posts.

Differential Throttle, electric twin, for the DX9
1. You first set up a second throttle channel. Let's use AUX1. THRO will be the right motor, and AUX1 will be the left motor.

2. Go to Channel Assign and set the Input for Aux1 to INH. Port assignment for AUX1 will be AUX1.

3. Set up a Throttle Cut switch. Lets use switch H. Set the position to whatever you want. Most electrics will be -100% in the “cut”

position.

4. Set up a mix, Normal, THR > AX1, rates 100% / 100%, 0 Offset, Trim enabled, Switch H. Highlight the boxes under the switch so

that the AX1 throttle works when you are in the "run" position. When you flip to "cut" the THR channel will go to low throttle and

AX1 will go to the center.

5. Make another mix, Normal, ON > AX1, with rates of -100% / -100%, 0 offset. Set the switch to H and make it active when you flip H

to the "cut" position.

6. At this point you should see common action for both THR and AX1 for both positions of H. In one position they both operate, and

in the other they both go to -100%.

7. Make another mix, Normal, RUD > THR, 0 offset, trim off, again using switch H so that the mix will be active in the "run"

position. Adjust the Rates so that when you move the rudder stick to the right, THR goes toward low throttle. When you move to the

left, nothing should happen on THR. (rate example 0% / 50%)

8. Make another mix, Normal, RUD > AX1, 0 offset, trim off, again using switch H so that the mix will be active in the "run"

position. Adjust the Rates on this one so that when you push the rudder stick left, the AX1 channel goes toward low throttle.When

you move the stick to the right, nothing should happen on AX1. (rate example -50% / 0%)

You only want the rudder to throttle down, never throttle up.
Both throttles should work together on the throttle stick, throttle cut should work on both throttles, rudder input should slow the

motor on the side your rudder stick is moving. This is the DX9 set up with throttle cut on both motors!! Ill try to make it work on my DX6e in a couple days!

Last edited: