• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Discharging 1500MAH 3S Lipos

I have two 1500 MAH 3S lipos and I charge and now want to discharge with a coolRC b6 balance charger what are the proper settings for storage on it? can anyone help? scared they will lose power if I leave them much longer!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
If that charger's menu looks like my i6 clone's menu, you want to use Battery Type Lipo, function 'Storage', and cell setting for 3S - it'll automatically take them to 3.8v per cell.

Don't use the 'Discharge' menu option - that'll take them down to 0v per cell and make them safe for the trash can. That's a one way trip down to that voltage level.

If that charger's menu looks like my i6 clone's menu, you want to use Battery Type Lipo, function 'Storage', and cell setting for 3S - it'll automatically take them to 3.8v per cell.

Don't use the 'Discharge' menu option - that'll take them down to 0v per cell and make them safe for the trash can. That's a one way trip down to that voltage level.
OH! Okay thank you :) I am new to this part of flying :p I crashed into a tree and bent my motors housing and now it spins but only by finger with a TON of strength :( time to get new motors :p

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Ouch! Crashing into softer stuff is recommended :p

(Not that I follow my own recommendations mind you, but I hear that's a good idea...)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I have two 1500 MAH 3S lipos and I charge and now want to discharge with a coolRC b6 balance charger what are the proper settings for storage on it? can anyone help? scared they will lose power if I leave them much longer!
I use a 12V light bulb to discharge my 3S batteries and a voltage alarm on the balance connector. When the alarm sounds it is time to remove the bulb.

As for the length of time you are storing the batteries charged. I refrigerate my batteries and they love it! I leave them in the 'frig charged and after flying I return them to the 'frig first and charge them after they are cold. After charging I return them to the 'frig until I fly again. So far no battery losses and one old battery has recovered slightly.

Just what works for me!

I use a 12V light bulb to discharge my 3S batteries and a voltage alarm on the balance connector. When the alarm sounds it is time to remove the bulb.

As for the length of time you are storing the batteries charged. I refrigerate my batteries and they love it! I leave them in the 'frig charged and after flying I return them to the 'frig first and charge them after they are cold. After charging I return them to the 'frig until I fly again. So far no battery losses and one old battery has recovered slightly.

Just what works for me!

Cool (literally :p ) but thanks for the tip :)