DR1 Tri Plane Build

moke

Day 1. Pretty easy so far.
DR1 Day 1.jpg

moke

day 3 or so. Some warned me that this was a little more of a challenge to build and fly. I agree. My first was Scout. That was easy. Second was P40, little more work but easy. This DR1 has three wings, and a lot of parts that need to align perfectly. It has taken more attention to detail than previous two I have built. Looking forward to Maiden..., Friday maybe
DR1 day 3.1.jpg

moke

day 3 or so. Some warned me that this was a little more of a challenge to build and fly. I agree. My first was Scout. That was easy. Second was P40, little more work but easy. This DR1 has three wings, and a lot of parts that need to align perfectly. It has taken more attention to detail than previous two I have built. Looking forward to Maiden..., Friday maybe
View attachment 164984
I do need to learn how to air brush. 'winging it', doesn't end up looking great.

moke

beautiful morning for flying in Washougal Washington with Fern Prairie Flyers. First flight on DR1 was uneventful. Slow for sure. And pretty 'sensitive'. This will make a good park flyer for me.

My P40 remains awesone. Solid, and very aerobatic. Still trying to figure out a solution for the prop spinner though.

fp rolando n doug 4102020.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
I see DR1, I hit like(especially the FT mini). This is my go-to casual park flyer/slow flyer/stick masher...and...even high alpha plane. That's right, the DR1 is actually a beast at high alpha, right up there with the Nutball and Flyer. To me, this is the one 3ch RET plane I've found doesn't get boring.

synjin

Elite member
Nice! I just maidened my second SE5 today. The first one looked so nice but was fatally tail heavy. It flew about 10 seconds before it died...horribly. Once I got the new one trimmed out it kited around the field nicely.

I may have to do another DR-1 and make sure it is as light in the tail as possible. My first one looked good, but to get it to fly I had to lengthen the nose by an inch. It loses a bit of its charm.