Drone Flying in Mexico

Hoomi

Master member
And just to show that we did, indeed, get underwater on this month's Cozumel trip:
Anemone.jpg

Drumfish.jpg

Flying Gurnard.jpg

HoleyTurtle.jpg

Lobster.jpg

Turtle.jpg

danskis

Master member
Well this was disappointing but timely information. I've got 2 months booked in Mexico for next year and was planning on taking a plane. I guess that's out.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I missed this question somehow, but, yes, indeed, both my wife and I are divers, which is something we cannot do at home very easily.

I shot this video with my Spark during our dive trip to Roatan, Honduras, two years ago.

Yeah. Thought so. Compared to Cancun or Play Del Carmen, Cozumel's a little boring otherwise. Although it does kind of have a local flavor at night when the cruise ships depart. If you catch me at Flite Fest I can tell you a story or two.

Roatan's great right? Gotta love those quick one tank dives. Have you been to Belize yet? The Blue Hole is there. Have to wait on the video. Data is at a premium on the boat.

Hoomi

Master member
We found the reef life more plentiful off Cozumel, than we did off Roatan. Anthony's Key is a more scenic resort than the Sunscape Sabor in Cozumel, but we had to deal with stairs for pretty much everything at Anthony's Key. There was only one dining facility at the time, up the hill from the beach. Our bungalow (or whatever they called them), was atop the hill, so it was up and down stairs to go eat, to go dive, to go do about everything. That's not a problem for me, but my wife has two artificial hips, and too much stair climbing gets rough on her.

Another advantage Cozumel has is that it's rated as one of the safest travel destinations. Granted, tourism and diving are about the only real "industries" on the island, but with anywhere from 3 to 6 cruise ships in port on most days, it's a multi-million dollar industry for them, and the local authorities seem to be working hard to make sure nothing happens to discourage the tourists from coming there.

We're heading to San Carlos, Sonora, on the Sea of Cortez, in August for a weekend of diving, which is scheduled to dive off the south end of Isla San Pedro Nolasco, where hammerhead sharks are known to gather. We dove off the other end of the island a few years ago, where we got to play with the sea lions. The Sea of Cortez is surprisingly amazing diving, and the abundance and diversity of sea life is incredible.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Oh poppycock, the mexican government only has authority over tourists anyway! Just find the local cartel and ask them for permission! (Sure you might have to make a delivery or two) but then you could fly your equipment! 😁🤣😜