drone is jumpy while landing (hexacopter)

jeff.V.E

hey, I have just finished the build of my first drone (hexacopter). M'y drone flying isn't that great, but that is not the problem

In flight everything is normel, its very sensitive but thats the type of drone i think. But the problems come up while landing, when i'm about 2 inches above the ground and start throttling back the drone start jumping for a few times. then it coms to a hard stop, to me it looks more like a crash.

i'm using the CC3D control board. It might just be a problem whit the gyroscoop.

Can anybody help.

Thx. jeff.

RcPro97

The air is pretty dirty down low, and turbulent. So usually I have my motors arm on a switch, so I can disarm the moment I touchdown.

Also make sure youre esc are calibrated, if not youre min throttle may be too high.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
First you can make the movements less sensitive if you raise your exponential rates up a bit for pitch and roll. That will make it less shaky.

The bouncing on landing could be several things. if your Flight controller is loose at all you will add bounce when doing something abrupt like a landing that will make the gyros try and compensate for. Not sure what type a quad you have but if you set up air mode you will surely get craziness on landing if you don't do it near perfect. (not sure what software you use or if a cc3d even has that capability) also agree with RCpro97 that too high minimum throttle setting can make them light and bouncy.

Personally I have my flight mode switch set to have horizon mode, acro, and acro with air mode so I can turn that on and off. I also set up my throttle hold switch to be a "Oh crap" switch that cuts all power to the motors and will use that just before I touch down on really windy days or if I feel the rotor wash on my legs like I got to close to myself learning how to land with goggles on.

jeff.V.E

I'm running librepilot on the cc3d. I'm also a beginner so I don't have much experience whit different flight modes. The board is securely mounted to the hexacopter so that's not the problem

could someone explain something about flight modes

Last edited: