Drones Filming Planes and Gliders

DroneDude

eye to sky and in the sky

Had the incredible chance to film the operations at the New Castle Virginia glider port. Hope you enjoy this film. Full permission was granted from the pilots to do the filming. All of the aerial shots were filmed with the DJI Inspire 1. Thanks for watching!
(If the video window is inoperative, I am posting from my phone and will correct this when I get home from vacation)

The ground shots were from a Canon 7D
The in-cockpit shots were from a GoPro Hero 4 Black

Last edited:

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Very nice work. The Inspire captures some sweet video.
I saw some ground based shots where there was some focus racking. I assume this was not shot with the inspire.

Best regards,
PCH

ZoomNBoom

How the hell did you manage to fly that inspire inside the cockit ? :p

Seriously though, gorgeous video and nicely edited too.

I do feel like pointing out it would be absolutely illegal where I live, regardless if the pilots gave permission, but it doesnt look like you did anything stupid or dangerous, and its not like I never broke any laws :).

DroneDude

eye to sky and in the sky
How the hell did you manage to fly that inspire inside the cockit ? :p

Seriously though, gorgeous video and nicely edited too.

I do feel like pointing out it would be absolutely illegal where I live, regardless if the pilots gave permission, but it doesnt look like you did anything stupid or dangerous, and its not like I never broke any laws :).

Thanks very much!! This wouldn't have been legal, however because this is a privately owned strip it was. Good communication with the pilots was also very important. The ground shots were from a Canon 7D and the cockpit shots were from a GoPro Hero 4 B.