Dx6i Binding Issues - Used TX and new RX DSX mode

fix-n-fly

Hello - I have a second hand Dx6i transmitter and a new AR610 receiver that I am trying to bind. I successfully bound the TX to a Parkzone sport cub 6 months ago, so the TX works and has successfully bound before. The process I am using is the one from the online Dx6i manual:

1. Thottle on TX in lowest position and TX is powered off
2. Insert bind plug into BATT/BIND (BND/DATA) receptacle
3. Insert ESC (EMax BLHeli 30A) plug into THRO receptacle
4. Connect battery to ESC (no ESC switch) (at this point - LED in RX starts to blink)
5. While holding the Trainer/Bind switch, power on TX (performed this task several times from as close as 1 foot between TX and RX and 16 foot between TX and RX.

The Dx6i TX shows it is going into bind mode and begins beeping. However, the RX LED never goes solid, and I've held the TX in bind mode for over a minute.

I've got some old 72 MHz equipment and plugged the ESC up along with servos and it works like a champ, so I don't think it is the ESC.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the 72 MHz receiver weighs at least 2x the AR610 and while I could use the 72MHz receiver, it would add a lot of extra weight.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Once the Tx is in Bind mode let go of the bind switch.

you could also try binding in a different location as very strong RF interference caused by some in home broadband video streaming systems can create havoc.

fix-n-fly

Hello - I have a second hand Dx6i transmitter and a new AR610 receiver that I am trying to bind. I successfully bound the TX to a Parkzone sport cub 6 months ago, so the TX works and has successfully bound before. The process I am using is the one from the online Dx6i manual:

1. Thottle on TX in lowest position and TX is powered off
2. Insert bind plug into BATT/BIND (BND/DATA) receptacle
3. Insert ESC (EMax BLHeli 30A) plug into THRO receptacle
4. Connect battery to ESC (no ESC switch) (at this point - LED in RX starts to blink)
5. While holding the Trainer/Bind switch, power on TX (performed this task several times from as close as 1 foot between TX and RX and 16 foot between TX and RX.

The Dx6i TX shows it is going into bind mode and begins beeping. However, the RX LED never goes solid, and I've held the TX in bind mode for over a minute.

I've got some old 72 MHz equipment and plugged the ESC up along with servos and it works like a champ, so I don't think it is the ESC.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the 72 MHz receiver weighs at least 2x the AR610 and while I could use the 72MHz receiver, it would add a lot of extra weight.

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the assistance - batteries are fully charged. I thought I was not supposed to let go of the trainer/bind switch until the LED stopped flashing - that never happened, but I have nothing to lose by trying this.

----------------------------------------------

Since the initial post, I tried to bind with a Lemon DSMX receiver and was unsuccessful in binding to that either. I am now thinking there is some setting I messed up somewhere which is preventing the receivers from binding. I wonder if there is a way to reset the transmitter back to factory settings?

Also - I took the entire set up outside and tried to bind with the AR610 receiver - did not have any success when moving to a different location.

Last edited: