Easy Homemade Bind plug

Pilot-294

ah i see, i never knew that haha... imma go try this out now lol. i thought i was being smart, here to find I'm being stupid as usual hahaha!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
ah i see, i never knew that haha... imma go try this out now lol. i thought i was being smart, here to find I'm being stupid as usual hahaha!

I hope you didn't really take it that way lol. Give it a try and let me know if that worked. If it's not working then maybe there's a problem. The idea was sound. I liked the button, I just don't think it's necessary.

It's a common misconception and people always say "I bound the transmitter to the plane" when it's actually the other way around.

Pilot-294

i tried it, and no avail, gonna bind to my um and then back again, ill try it that way then let you know, and I'm just being hard on myself as a joke, i didn't mean it the way it sounded sorry

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Well, this topic brings up an old story that happened to me something about one year ago.

I went flying with my little brother and each of us just had one receiver at that time and both of us had to keep switching between the models by rebinding that one receiver and always having the take out all the connections and then put them back in etc. (Nowadays I got 5 orange RX´s so that is not a issue any more :D:D and binding plugs I got more then enough as well, but still kinda funny story)

So of course at that time I didn´t like having to ask my parents to drive me to the field which was only 5 minutes by car so we took the bikes as usual!
Arrived and realised... S*** forgot the bind plug! All we had is some tools and nothing else. I thought, okay one of us had to bike home and get the plug. Luckily shortly after I realised how to solve the problem. Or let´s rather say it took some time to do :D:D I thought I´d need some kind of bridge between the two outermost pins. How could I do that? I didn´t have any wire or anything that would pass on the current without touching the middle one.

After a while I realised I had one of those tools, that has a metal clip so you could attach it to some papers like you do with normal pens. I broke that off and after fiddling around for 10 minutes I finally got it to work! :D:D I thought that was an achievement and kinda funny so I´ll just post it :D

Pilot-294

Today I installed a toggle switch in my park zone corsair for my bind plug, works perfectly, as with my dx5 I have to constantly rebind it every time I fly another model. This way I don't have to put my bind plug in every time I bind since its at a SARS angle, I wrapped it in electricians tape and ca glued it to the foam behind the rx, it's in hard and tight and toggles easily, I just accidentally got it backwards putting it in so down is bind and up is fly, oh well, it's working brilliantly anyways. Just waiting to fly it and try it out. I'm thinking it should work fine, and shouldn't have adverse effects furring flight. More to come and pics if you want em, I outdid myself this time in the fact it works first time, and looks ok too! Too good to be true? Well we will find out soon! Haha :)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Glad to hear it worked well for you. I'm still confused as to why it's doing that to you. Goes to show we keep learning stuff all the time.

Pilot-294

not sure either, but it does. Flew today (it was a PERFECT flying day :) minus the cold haha) and the plug worked GREAT! now even a trained blind def mute monkey could do it its so nice and easy :cool: