Electrohub spins out of control!

Qtirpak

Hi, I am very much a beginner, and a friend and I just completed an electrohub build. It took a long time troubleshooting various things, but everything thing finally functions for the most part. However, when we take off, the quad starts to spin counter clockwise, somewhat aggressively. Before we sent it in the air, we did notice that one motor would always spin faster than the others using multiwii gui. We tried adjusting trims, but if we adjusted this, it would just change which motor spun faster. Not sure if this is an issue, but it could be contributing. Also, we can upload a video of the flight if that would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Welcome to ft forums! Have you checked that at neutral trims and stick positions, your rc values in multiwiiconf are at 1500? If so, check that you jaguar the esc/motor signal connectors plugged into the right ports on your board.

one thing that can cause this is if you have unknowingly installed the motors in the wrong spin order...

check the FC's documentation for the direction the motors are supposed to turn in, then double check that tehy are indeed spinning in that direction.

do this with props off, just add little tape flags t where the props were after you remove them and you can see the direction of the motors.

if the motors are spinning the wropng way the FC will try to correct the yaw and it ends up just making the problem worse...

please don't ask me how i know this...

;)