Emax 2213-935 kv motors and 1045 props

Yoopy

I'm building an Electrohub Y6, using the Power Pack D (Hexacopter) from Flite Test.
I have a question about installing the propeller on the downward facing motors.
I believe that I need to install a Reverse (CW) prop backwards to get the proper orientation.
The Emax 2213-935 kv motors have a stepped shaft 6mm at the threads and 8mm (7mm measured on the flats) near the motor housing.
The supplied 1045 propellers do not seem to be able to mount as a pusher (writing facing up or toward the motor) since the hub is also stepped to match the stepped shaft on the motor.
Am I missing something? Do I need to ream the props to 8mm?
Since this is the recommended Power Pack for the Y6 I expected the package would be able to be installed without modification, so I figured that I'm overlooking something.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Allan

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Interesting question.
I plan to build a Y6 Frame and i'm also have that Question. Probably i will use the Emax 2216 motors.

Yoopy

Re: Bushings

Yes, ream them.

Do they come with bushings/sleeves ?

No, it seems that the props have a molded in stepped hub.

Y6-1.jpg Y6-2.jpg Y6-3.jpg

Yoopy

FT-Y6 with angled boom option

Interesting question.
I plan to build a Y6 Frame and i'm also have that Question. Probably i will use the Emax 2216 motors.

If you are considering using the angled boom option as shown in the build video, you should be aware that you will need to extend the ESC power leads since the angled boom option adds extra length to the booms and the wires will not reach. The servo leads do seem to be long enough.

I made a jig to hold the boom parts for drilling since it is very important to ensure that there is a tight fit at the joint in the boom and that the angle is consistent from boom to boom.

It has been a good build so far.

Allan

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
If you are considering using the angled boom option as shown in the build video, you should be aware that you will need to extend the ESC power leads since the angled boom option adds extra length to the booms and the wires will not reach. The servo leads do seem to be long enough.

I made a jig to hold the boom parts for drilling since it is very important to ensure that there is a tight fit at the joint in the boom and that the angle is consistent from boom to boom.

It has been a good build so far.

Allan

Thank you Allan,
i will not use the FT Design, i will use 16mm round Carbon booms.