emax red bottoms 1306 3300kv, 1306 4000kv; DYS FPV racing motors!

jipp

hey guys just noticed Emax red bottoms have branched out too 1306s now.. 3300kv and 4000kv,
and i also noticed the DYS racing addition FPV version you know the ones with hollow shafts, and nut to tear it apart.. which i think is a great idea.. seems they all have a 1:1 thrust.. so this set of motors are all gonna scream like a banshee.

but what caught my attention was the addition of a PCB board to the motor.. since with a 250 size or small race quad.
you basically have no choice to cut down the motor leads.. this leads two the problem.. what can i do with this motor once its mini racing days are up.. and as fast as tech is growing.. it would suck to slap a new high end motor onto your work horse of a frame.. then in the mail you get a package with the latest and greatest motors.. then you think what the hell can i do with a motor with 1" leads.. not much sure you can solder on extensions.. but damn that seems to be a hit or miss. so from that point of view a PCB is a great idea.. and with how easy these motors are to rebuild with a nut instead of a C-clip. hollow shaft which seems to go with less mass, etc.. iv have not heard any body speak up yay or nay for this motor.. just finding out about it last month along with esc with blheli S available on the open market now.. so you know im gonna have to get me some to try out..

but im also considering trying this PCB version.. one part of my brain says.. eeew that is gonna break, snap in a crash.. but you know the arm should protect it.. and since its stupid easy to rebuild a motor.. assuming the PCB does not break by looking at it.. i like this idea for a clean build.. have you seen this new DYS FPV hollow shaft pcb race motor yet?

have you tried teh baby red bottoms yet, are you just as impressed as there big brother?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Emax...f6fd5aa&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=252412176189

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Emax...f6fd5aa&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=252412176189

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYS-SE2205-...176189?hash=item3ac4f0273d:g:BWsAAOSwn8FXSV24

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
chris.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The pcb attaching point is a good idea as we hard wire most multi rotor motors anyway. Saves on them crimping or soldering bullets as well as less wire waste which should lower the price (doubtful but one could hope) As for the hollow shaft... the miniscule amount of weight they save is to me a smoke and mirrors sales ploy. That is only there for one purpose, to sell more motors or replacement shafts as I can guarantee they will be breaking, stripping, or bending a ton more then solid shafts do now.

jipp

dunno, because in theory that shaft will be stronger than a solid one.. not sure why but one of the engineer type will confirm this..
what that hollow shaft motor that i like the most is no c clips :D also the motors have been out long enough iv not heard anything negative from them as of yet. id like to know how they perform next to red bottoms tho.. real world testing. not just numbers.

yeah i like the idea of passing on the buck to your customers.. but who re we kidding. hell i paid 15.00 a pop for my red bottoms when they came out now look everyone is charging 19.99.. they sure did not go up in price. they are just adding 5.00 to there profit. LOL

chris.