Esc for a eco 2207

After looking stuff up, do I need to register with the ama and FAA? Or do I just hope no one calls the police on me?

Also, do I need to get an app that has a flight plan, or is that the remote id that hasn't been published yet? Cause I'm pretty sure I won't be doing that.

whackflyer

Master member
After looking stuff up, do I need to register with the ama and FAA? Or do I just hope no one calls the police on me?

Also, do I need to get an app that has a flight plan, or is that the remote id that hasn't been published yet? Cause I'm pretty sure I won't be doing that.
Remote ID is not in effect yet. To be totally legal you need a FAA registration number which you put on all your planes, and proof of it. I have it but often I forget to write the number on the plane and no one is gonna get me in trouble anyway cuz I usually fly on private property with pretty much no one in the vicinity. Here is the FAQ for the registration with rules and stuff, and here is the page to get started with your registration. You'll use the bottom one (exception for recreational fliers). It's fairly cheap to do and honestly I think there's a lot of people that don't even deal with it or even know about it.

whackflyer

Master member
On a side note it really bugs me that the FAA calls every small flying machine, wether it's a quad, a plane, or a heli, they call it a drone... :rolleyes:

Remote ID is not in effect yet. To be totally legal you need a FAA registration number which you put on all your planes, and proof of it. I have it but often I forget to write the number on the plane and no one is gonna get me in trouble anyway cuz I usually fly on private property with pretty much no one in the vicinity. Here is the FAQ for the registration with rules and stuff, and here is the page to get started with your registration. You'll use the bottom one (exception for recreational fliers). It's fairly cheap to do and honestly I think there's a lot of people that don't even deal with it or even know about it.
I guess I'll buy it then. Considering I plane to fly at the elementary school down the street, I don't really want the cops being called:).
Seems idiotic that they make you do it though

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
On a side note it really bugs me that the FAA calls every small flying machine, wether it's a quad, a plane, or a heli, they call it a drone... :rolleyes:

I wonder how they will rewrite the laws after I point out to them that automated cars are also drones and by definition would need to be register AND have part 107 to drive because they are over the 250g weight limit. Just biding time until it all gets ready and finalized to go bite em in the butt with that one.

Lawyers and scumbag politicians LOVE to manipulate the "letter" of the law to their advantage so we mays well use their own tools against them

Can I make the arrow out of cardboard? I think we are getting pizza tonight so I figured I might as well practice so I don't ruin the foam XD

I'm still new to lipos, so how many c's should I charge the battery at? It says here that it is good from 1-3 with a max of 5c. Would it be okay to always charge it at 2c? From what I saw about batteries in general is that c ratings are almost always exaggerated. Whether this is true or not I don't know.

Flite Risk

l always charge at,

.4a

The slower the better with Lipos

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_163223__01.jpg
    IMG_20210117_163223__01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210117_163609.jpg
    IMG_20210117_163609.jpg
    777.2 KB · Views: 0

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I'm still new to lipos, so how many c's should I charge the battery at? It says here that it is good from 1-3 with a max of 5c. Would it be okay to always charge it at 2c? From what I saw about batteries in general is that c ratings are almost always exaggerated. Whether this is true or not I don't know.
I always charge at 1c, but there are some that won't pass a specific amperage, even if it is below 1c. It is true that slower is better for lipos, and charging below 1c is fine, but it will just take more time.

Flite Risk

i knew the math to figure out C, have since forgot it.

I always charge that low but with a 4 port charger I can get a lot done. if i'm in a hurry I'll charge at .5

I have batteries that are old enough to have grand kids in battery years.

i knew the math to figure out C, have since forgot it.

I always charge that low but with a 4 port charger I can get a lot done. if i'm in a hurry I'll charge at .5

I have batteries that are old enough to have grand kids in battery years.
I only bought one battery and can only charge one at a time so I am definitely not that patient!

I always charge at 1c, but there are some that won't pass a specific amperage, even if it is below 1c. It is true that slower is better for lipos, and charging below 1c is fine, but it will just take more time.
I guess I'll stick to 1c then. I was hoping if it was rated for 3 I could get by with 2, but I guess I'll just stick with one

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

1c is always best for battery longevity and health. Heat and extreme cold kills the chemical make up in each cell. It changes the internal resistance over time. The more even temperatures you can keep the less that can occur. For example the 5s batteries I fly a lot the inner cells would change the most because they are insulated by the outer cells. They tend to heat faster and cool slower. Same thing happens when quick charging or charging above 1c. you can do it as long as you mind heat when charging. If they get much more then slighly above room temperature when charging above 1c you are in that grey area of shortening the life span.

I run my packs seriously hard most of the time but I make sure I dont take the cells too low and stop shorter then I would on a cruise style flight. Between that and always charging at 1c I have packs last over a year and some I have had over 3 years with minimal internal resistance change

whackflyer

Master member
I usually never charge above 1.5c. Seems to work fine for me.