ESC/Motor Issue

Huyettmeh@tds.net

In July 2013 and Aug 2013 I purchased THE BEEF power packs from Lazer Toyz.
They were identical with a 20a esc and 2215/09 motor. I've used both off and on.
Preparing for a new plane I've hit a problem. One ESC (I'll call it A) works perfectly with motor A. But with motor B the motor quivers when you give it throttle unless you bring up the power VERY SLOWLY. I have a 3rd motor (C) from another source and it works perfectly. The other ESC (I'll call it B) appears to be bad period as it won't work with any motor.
I have a third ESC (C) which works fine with all three motors.
Any suggestions to trouble shoot the ESC A motor B quiver problem?
I know nothing about programming any of these ESCs.
Thanks,
Martin

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Quivering is usually a bad connection. The motor will only be receiving two out of the three inputs. Try the bad combo with only two wires connected. If it does nothing, then try two different wires and repeat until the motor quivers like it normally does. The disconnected wire will be the bad connection. That method will at least prove if it is a bad connection.

quorneng

Master member
Martin
From what you describe (assuming you are happy the connections are sound) I would say motor "B" is a bad and ESC "B" is a blown.

With motors a common electrical failure is that a wire breaks inside the motor (usually where the wires go in). This upsets the ability of the ESC to 'read' the position of motor. Unless the motor can be rewound with new wire it is scrap.

There is nothing you can do with the ESC. Like all electronics it either works or it doesn't. It too is scrap.