Solved ESC beeps every second after calibration. Motor won't spin.

dankas22

Hi guys!

I got the brand new FMS Viper and trying to convert it into Digital FPV plane.
I soldered the ESC's power and signal wires to the flight controller. And flashed the flight controller with INAV 6. I calibrated the ESC but the problem is that the motor isn't spinning and keeps beeping every second. On the radio transmitter, throttle min is trimmed at 1000 and max is trimmed at 2000.
Here is the video demonstration of the problem:

ESC: FMS PREDATOR 120A BRUSHLESS ESC WITH 8A UBEC & REVERSE BRAKE FUNCTION
Motor: FMS 3670, 1950 KV inrunner
Flight Controller: MATEK F405 WMN, firmware: INAV 6.1
Radio Link: TBS Crossfire
Radio device: TBS Tango 2

ESC is equipped with 3 cables: Tri-color Throttle Signal Cable, Reverse Brake Signal wire, Tri-color Programming Cable.

1684616870390.png

However, I soldered only signal (white) and ground (black) wires to my flight controller's S1 and G pads as shown below. I don't need thrust reverse though.

1684617303187.png

Anyone can advise why the ESC keeps beeping every second and motor won't spin even after calibration?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
After calibrating the ESC, try turning unplugging it and then plug it back in. This time with the throttle low.
Lets see what happens when you get it out of calibration mode.

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You need give us more information about your INAV config. Ie what motor protocol did you select, did you enable motors spin when armed, how are you arming INAV, etc.

dankas22

After calibrating the ESC, try turning unplugging it and then plug it back in. This time with the throttle low.
Lets see what happens when you get it out of calibration mode.
When I get out of calibration mode, ESC still keeps beeping after verifying battery cell count. Beep interval is the same, around 1 beep per second.

dankas22

You need give us more information about your INAV config. Ie what motor protocol did you select, did you enable motors spin when armed, how are you arming INAV, etc.
Here is the INAV Outputs settings. I've tried calibrating using master slider on INAV's output menu. And also tried using the radio transmitter, as shown on the video.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
One beep per second looks like a low battery warning. What are you using to power it up?

What happens if you use the slider in the INAV configurator to calibrate the ESC and test the motor rather than the radio? That would be the best way to do it since INAV should be controlling the motor not the radio.

What does the main setup screen look like??
Looks like your FC is not level in the video. I would be surprised if INAV is arming like that.

I've used INAV for quite a few years. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to help....

Last edited:

dankas22

One beep per second looks like a low battery warning. What are you using to power it up?

What happens if you use the slider in the INAV configurator to calibrate the ESC and test the motor rather than the radio? That would be the best way to do it since INAV should be controlling the motor not the radio.

What does the main setup screen look like??
Looks like your FC is not level in the video. I would be surprised if INAV is arming like that.

I've used INAV for quite a few years. The more info you provide, the easier it will be to help....
I'm using 6S 1500 mAh lipo battery to power it up. I already tried using INAV's motor output slider to calibrate the ESC, and the result was the same. It calibrates but in the end ESC beeps again. On the video my FC wasn't leveled and I just force armed it by holding left stick in the bottom right corner and pressing arm switch.

quorneng

Master member
As far as I am aware the 1 second beeping is the ESC telling you it either has no signal or doesn't understand it.
My advice would be to test the ESC with a motor stand "alone" preferably using a servo tester so no radio is required.
If it works normally then you know the fault cased by something else.
MotorESC.JPG