Even the "pros" crash

joshuabardwell

Mentor
How odd. It looks like the plane is underpowered. The launch was not terrible, but it didn't even get close to its stall speed. Maybe they just didn't use enough throttle? Surely such a high-end design has a big enough power system.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Think they're making a warranty video for hobby king to prove the ESC didn't work, or will that do?

meehan

From another newscast on the same event, "That particular drone costs less than $50,000.00 to make" :)

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Another good takeoff.
The Naza has a mind of it's own. LOS is for losers!
At least it was only a $2900 DJI Inspire....

Best regards,
PCH

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Even though DJI has stated it's a bug they'll have a fix for -- where the ACC calibration isn't correct, but it still allows flight, this could have been avoided if the owner knew not to fly if it was already behaving poorly.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Some of the comments are really funny.
I even saw StoneBlueAirlines in there.

My favorite comment was -
"That's the return to home feature, it's well documented"

Best regards,
PCH

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
"Due to FAA procedures they couldn't try flying it again"

I think that's a good indication of how the testing is going to progress...slow and painfully.

JasonEricAnderson

Maybe I'm just overly cautious but if I dropped +2k on an aircraft I'm not going to maiden it in my driveway. I'm going to a clear field with some nice tall grass if possible.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Maybe I'm just overly cautious but if I dropped +2k on an aircraft I'm not going to maiden it in my driveway. I'm going to a clear field with some nice tall grass if possible.

Who says they did that in *their* driveway -- it was probably their client's ;)

yeah, that's no good, and as others have mentioned, they knew it was faulty before takeoff and were hoping it would fail -- perhaps not this catastrophically, but still.

Plenty of stink to go around on this one :p