Extra FOAM

Captglvr

Hi all, I’m relatively new to FT, I just built the SE5 speed kit, lots of fun. It’s my second FT build (I built the Spitfire first).
Question: I had these two pieces left in my foam sheets after the build, they are not on the SE5 plans I looked up. What are they for?

C8ED3F3A-122C-4CF8-B67B-B18464EE4660.jpeg
Also, what is the best place to find mods for these planes? Many designs are old in the FT timeline, and FT or the build community must have found better ways to address certain design problems in the original plans. Where do I go to get the latest build tips that go beyond the FT build videos?

For example, there is no way to access the servos in the SE5. How could you make a hatch, etc. to get to the inside of the fuse?
I have the baby blender on the way, it looks like these issues were solved in that plane.
Thanks for any help! It’s great to be a part of this creative Maker community!

bisco

Elite member
they are probably just extra

search SE5 for threads and posts, you might find some helpful tips and mods. try over at rcgroups too, there is a big flite test thread.
after building the ft duster, i would mount the servos on the sides of the fuse in the future. same with the ailerons, looks are one thing if you're a seasoned flyer, and repairs are another.

sometimes you don't even need a crash, servos can fail on their own.