Need help with build (ASAP)

Alstrox

So I started my first build, an ft millennium flerken and I got to the bevel cuts part and I’m not sure what to do here. Do I buy a foam board and cut it out in the same shape?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

luvmy40

Elite member
It's been a while since I built a Flerken. so correct me if I am wrong here. That looks to be the leading edge of the wings. If so, that is not unrepairable. Just try to even the bevel up as best you can and be careful when taping the top skin on that you get it straight. You can just add a bit more HG to fill the worst gaps if needed. I would recommend picking up a few sheets of Adams Readi Board from DG or DT and trace the parts before you assembly that incase it does not work out.

luvmy40

Elite member
BTW, make sure to use a fresh blade when beveling and use your scrap pieces to practice the cut. It does get easier. I'm still not able to make it look like a machined cut, but I don't struggle with the bevels anymore like I did when I started building with FB.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
if you have a 3d printer, there are some prints that can help with getting good bevel cuts:

those cuts look recoverable, a bit of cleaning up with a fresh blade, steady hand (and tool as above if possible) and you should be able to get them clean enough

Alstrox

Ok I’m going to buy some foam board just to trace the shape in case I mess up and I’ll try printing that tool as well. I think the main problem was I was using more of a lightly used blade