EZ P-51A Apache Chuck Glider

EZ P-51A Apache Chuck Glider V1

Please log in to download

Sly Fox

Hmm did you put it on fit to page or actual size it probably won't change the way it goes together!

Ok tried reprinting the single sheet and made sure it was set to actual. It did cut off just a bit. So I must have had it set to "fit" the first time. FYI, on that setting it reduced it to wingspan of 11 1/2" and fuselage length of 9 1/2 " - so about 1/2" shorter wing and 5/8 shorter body.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Ok tried reprinting the single sheet and made sure it was set to actual. It did cut off just a bit. So I must have had it set to "fit" the first time. FYI, on that setting it reduced it to wingspan of 11 1/2" and fuselage length of 9 1/2 " - so about 1/2" shorter wing and 5/8 shorter body.
Thanks for the help! Now you should start building!

Sly Fox

Actual size for both. The poster centered it across the 2 pages. I'll measure it and tell you the difference.
FYI there was about a 1/2 " difference. However I did reprint to check and I must have had it on "Fit" as the 2nd time it did cut off a little bit.

Sly Fox

Finished it and got it all "painted"...

Attachments

• 15984854506981826112374.jpg
    15984854506981826112374.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

ennobee

Hmmm. This brings back memories. My brother and me, back in the eighties got a hand on several sheets of about 1/8 in. (Actually more like 3 mm) styrofoam. I believe they came with a box of mandarines. Anyhow we made a whole menagerie of WWII gliders. In particular the Mustang was one of our favorites. Yes, it flew real sweet and most importantly you could throw it at each other without having to worry what would happen if you hit. So yes, glad to see the old Mustang again. Congratulations.

tetraodontoxin

Printed this to do as a family project this weekend, is there a specific spot you placed the penny on the body? Like how far back from the spinner detail line should it sit?

GrizWiz

Elite member
Printed this to do as a family project this weekend, is there a specific spot you placed the penny on the body? Like how far back from the spinner detail line should it sit?
I am not sure of the exact placement as I designed this a long time ago. I suspect that I put it about half and inch from the tip of the nose. I may be incorrect and you may want to experiment with different placement until you get it flying the way you like.

ennobee

I don't know the exact location on the plan, but when I built chuck gliders, I always tried to Ballance them on two fingers of my hand. As the P-51 is a low wing monoplane you might have to hold him upside down and then move the penny back and forth (with a piece of plastic tape to hold it in place) until you can Ballance it on a point at approximately ¹/3 of the with of the wing (from the nose up)