F-22 raptor

Aviador

I’m building a f-22 raptor and I have a grand turbo gt2215/10 1100kv. I’ve been using a 1045 prop on it but that’s to big for the slot on the f-22. Could I use an eight inch prop on that motor? Also have any of you used a 2200mah on it?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've run the FT-22 on an 8 inch prop and a C pack and it worked well, just not as much power as the 9 inch prop you'd normally use. Like @mrjdstewart said you could also use a 4s which would give you a bit more power. A 2200 3s will be a bit on the heavy side, but it should still fly. Keep in mind you'll have to scoot the battery quite far back in order to attain the proper CG.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You did not say what the pitch of the prop was. If it is a low pitch prop, like a 3-4, then I agree with the others. It will fly but be under powered.
If is is a higher pitch prop, 6 or higher, you will be fine.

skymaster

Elite member
Are you guys talking about the FT f-22 raptor right . what is the scale of your f-22. if you are putting a c pack power plant on it wow it bigger the the original ft-22 plans. i made the FT F-22 raptor a while back and i used to run it with a 2205 2200kv with a gemfan 6x4 prop this thing was fast, with a 1000mAh 3s 35c

Aviador

Yes mine is just the regular size not the mini. And it flies great with that motor! Pretty much unlimited vertical even with a 2200 mah battery!