Finding the CG of a Biplane

Griz

I have just recently (mid November) discovered foamboard planes. I have just ordered a radio and materials to build a plane. my first rc plane.
When I first discoverd Flite Test and the foambaord construction I was reminded of a Sopwith Camel kite I once built in balsa and thought I could recreate it in foam board. I found a pdf of scale drawings (of a Sopwith Camel) and scaled the drawing up to my desired wing span (42") and built the kite based on the drawings. Looks great but it doesn't fly, I'm thinking that the balance is probably off but I don't know where the CG should be.
How do you locate where the CG on a stagger wing biplane should be?

Thanks
Griz

Michael9865

Elite member
I have just recently (mid November) discovered foamboard planes. I have just ordered a radio and materials to build a plane. my first rc plane.
When I first discoverd Flite Test and the foambaord construction I was reminded of a Sopwith Camel kite I once built in balsa and thought I could recreate it in foam board. I found a pdf of scale drawings (of a Sopwith Camel) and scaled the drawing up to my desired wing span (42") and built the kite based on the drawings. Looks great but it doesn't fly, I'm thinking that the balance is probably off but I don't know where the CG should be.
How do you locate where the CG on a stagger wing biplane should be?

Thanks
Griz

https://www.modelairplanenews.com/balancing-biplanes/