First Quad Build (HMB)

eXpire

Hi,

i'm about ready to place my order for my first real quadcopter. I have seen quite a lot of setups on the HMB 235. But i'm not quite shure if the kit is the right one for me:

https://buy.4props.com/250-quad-kit...-strong-frame-2204-2300kv-ready-to-build.html

It contains "only" the 20a esc's and the "old" 2204 motors. It seams everybody is using nowerdays the 30a esc on the emax 2205 red bottom motors (like the power-pack E(better)).

I know in first month it will not make a differece, but my goad is to do some freestyle (started stupid stuff with my ft arraw after about 5 days ;) )

So would you rather setup an own build or go with the kit? I think the downside of the kit is that you don't have an excact spare esc and motor for the "case".

(forgot to mention it should work the first time on 3s and after some training on 4s)

Last edited:

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
The 20a ESC's and 22044 motors are great. Start with the 3S batteries and you will have endless enjoyment with that machine. You will get great performance and survive all the dumb thumb mistakes that you will make with your first quad. The durability of that frame will give you the confidence to try all the freestyle moves without fear of ruining your quad.

eXpire

The 20a ESC's and 22044 motors are great. Start with the 3S batteries and you will have endless enjoyment with that machine. You will get great performance and survive all the dumb thumb mistakes that you will make with your first quad. The durability of that frame will give you the confidence to try all the freestyle moves without fear of ruining your quad.

Thx for the feedback. I'm getting ready to order it.