Speedfile76's Build Log of Flightory's VTOL Stallion

Spitfire76

This is typical. I have several other unfinished 3d printed plane projects and here I am starting a new build.

This will be my first one from this company.

They have several fixed wing FPV designs but the one that caught my eye was their Stallion. They also recently came out with a kit to make it VTOL.

You have to have both kits if you want it to be VTOL but what I did is just buy the VTOL kit which was only about $9 with a 30% discount code that they published on social media. This consists of a new wing, booms and tilt motor mounts. I figured I'll print these first as it will allow me to dial in the slicer settings.

Last edited:

Spitfire76

There are 2 filament options for their planes, either active foaming or pre-foamed and as I already have a full reel of PolyLite from Polymaker I am going to use it.

This is pre-foamed so it won't be as light as the active foaming PLA but lighter than using regular PLA.

The recommended settings are for Cura so I will be using my Ender3 and not the Bambu Labs P1P. Also Flightory prints on a Tarantula Pro which looks similar to an Ender 3.

Printed wing1L from the VTOL kit and it took 7hrs 3min and weighs 57g.

Last edited:

Spitfire76

Completed printing the VTOL sections and now moving onto the main Stallion files so this could take a few days. I am also out of PETG and need to order either regular PETG or PETG-CF but the latter does require making some hardware changes to my Bambu Labs P1P to support CF filament.