First Time Build

jeremy7768

Hi all! I am a first time builder. I am currently looking for a sport model to be my third plane. I am looking for a build that isn't to complicated and that I can be successful at rather than getting frustrated. The models I am looking at are the Sig 4 Star 20 EP and the Mountain Models EVA sport. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how these two are or another kit that I should look into.

Thanks!!

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
The Mountain Models EVA would be better, in my opinion. You'll find a lot of build info for it on this forum, and people who can help walk you through any confusing spots.

HOWEVER, you may have noticed that MM is in the process of selling off (or even closing?) the company, so if you want to go the EVA route you probably shouldn't wait. If you go with the EVA I'd strongly recommend buying the covering from MM at the same time, and use their SoLite brand.

Since it's your first balsa build you'll need to get building supplies, and there is a thread I started in this balsa section of the forum that discusses stuff you'll need. It's probably a page back by now but should be easy to spot.

jeremy7768

Thanks for the advice Joker, I was kind of leaning towards the Eva myself. From what I read the Mountain Models kits go together very easily. I would like to have a good build experience my first time around before I dig into some more difficult kits.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Another voice here for the Mountain Models EVA - it is a very smooth building kit, with a lot of community support as Joker mentions. If you can afford it, I'd recommend on getting a couple of the MM kits while he's still shipping them - I did :p