Fixed wing gyro setup

jack10525

I had a rmrc recruit with a flight stabilizer gyro. It was set up on my FS i6 radio on the 3 way toggle switch. You had to bump the throttle to activate it. It had 3 settings on the toggle switch: max stabilizing (which was too restricting), gryo off, and I’d say 40-50% stabilizer - this was the best. It let you do loops and rolls but kept the wing stabilized. So I like the gyro effect and decided to try one on a HK stik plane. It’s an nx3 gyro. I have it connected and working but it is always on. I can’t figure out how to assign it to the 3 way toggle switch for different settings.

Foamforce

I had a rmrc recruit with a flight stabilizer gyro. It was set up on my FS i6 radio on the 3 way toggle switch. You had to bump the throttle to activate it. It had 3 settings on the toggle switch: max stabilizing (which was too restricting), gryo off, and I’d say 40-50% stabilizer - this was the best. It let you do loops and rolls but kept the wing stabilized. So I like the gyro effect and decided to try one on a HK stik plane. It’s an nx3 gyro. I have it connected and working but it is always on. I can’t figure out how to assign it to the 3 way toggle switch for different settings.

I have a Hobby Eagle A3 that sounds like what you have. One of the ports on it is labeled MOD, which is short for mode. You connect that to an aux channel on your receiver, generally 5 or 6, and then may your three way switch to that channel. On the gyro you can set up with modes correspond to each of the three positions. I have the top position set to “off”. My middle position is mapped to regular stabilization, which just counteracts the wind. My bottom position is set up angle, also known as Trainer, which limits the bank angle to a configurable amount (30/60/90), and also self levels if you take your hands off the controls.

I’ll try to help more if you have questions. Good luck!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...I have it connected and working but it is always on. I can’t figure out how to assign it to the 3 way toggle switch for different settings.
First you need to assign a channel to the switch, not sure which channel your gyro uses for control.
Then you need to assign a value to each switch position, again not sure what values your gyro is looking for.

+1 on the Hobby Eagle, great system, has several models with different features and price points, pick the one with the features and price you want.

Last edited:

jack10525

Than you guys. Attached is a pic of how it is configured. I’m missing how to assign the 3 position switch on tx with different levels of stabilization. I would like the 30/60/90 settings. Just not sure how to get there.

Attachments

• 7F5BAB2B-5196-4034-B764-935F137C1679.jpeg
    7F5BAB2B-5196-4034-B764-935F137C1679.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Foamforce

It looks like you’re hooking it into channel 6? If so, go into the functions menu on your transmitter. Then go to the aux channels submenu. From there, set channel 6 to SWC (switch C).