Flight Controller won't connect to Betaflight.

NiCK_NaMe

Good evening Flite Test!

I wanted to write this up because I had problems flashing a Flight Controller. My Flight Controller is a Femto F3, But this video will work with any flight controller, as far as I know. I solved this issue but I could not find much on this when searching these forums or via. Internet Search. And What I did find was not very helpful until I came across a YouTube Video.

My Flight Controller simply would not connect to Betaflight and I was furious!
I was trying to boot into DFU mode and was not successful at all and was getting discouraged.

That is until I came across a YouTube video that went step by step.

It will teach you how to install the CP210, and VPC drivers and how to use Zadig.

I run Windows 10 as on Operating system and have got this to work flawlessly.

So if you are running into this problem look no further. This will work.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Agreed! Joshua Bardwell does a great job of creating informative videos and FT Forum posts! That's right, did you know that Joshua Bardwell is also a FT Forum member? I haven't seen him around lately, but he's definitely participated in the past.

NiCK_NaMe

I did not know that. I did sub to his channel, lots of useful information. It's a good resource for information and help if you need a walk through like I did.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yes Joshua Bardwell and Painless360 are THE guys to go to when starting out or when you need help to figure something out. Both produce great video content.

As far as your drivers.. well come back after the next win10 update n let us know. Seems every time win 10 patches everyone needs to reteach their machine that OUR drivers are what we want NOT micro!@#$s.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
YAs far as your drivers.. well come back after the next win10 update n let us know. Seems every time win 10 patches everyone needs to reteach their machine that OUR drivers are what we want NOT micro!@#$s.

This...

I have abandoned Win10 on my new PC because of this. Almost every weekend from last December, well into February, I would have to fiddle with drivers to connect a Taranis or a flight controller. The fix worked for a few days, then the updates would come and bam, back to square 1.

With Win7, I set things up and have been running without issues since March.