Flip 1.5 FB, advice appreciated

Ludodg

Yo dudes,
Build myself a quad, 500mm span, dihedral arms, Electrohub-frame with integrated Power board.
I used the Flip 1.5 with 2.3 software, which I had lying around. I used it in standard quad-x configuration, didn't fiddle with pid-settings and it flew great.
Unfortunatly, once things went wrong and the drone ended up high up in a tree, where it stayed 5 days untill it a storm blew it out and it crashed on the ground.
I had some damage as in broken arms and props but nothing serious.
Strangely, the battery was still hooked on and quite drained down, but still ok. I say "strangegly" because I thought it had unhooked itself as the drone did not rearm or react when in the branches of the tree.

But after rebuilding everything seemd ok, untill flying. It suddenly was a matter of full throttle or nothing.
I checked with the pc and in MultiWiiConf I could see that min_throttle had changed to 1250, which explained the on-off-flying.

I reflashed the FC, wanted to retune some stuff as the switch-assigning, min throttle ... and noticed that I could not tune the FC with MultiWiiConf... but could with WinConf ...?

These seem signs of a non-longer-reliable FC, don't you think?

I changed the min-throttle to 1050 as it was before, assigned the switch to horizon-mode and went on testing it.

The on/off-throttle was fixed but the quad kept flying very badly and hardly controlable.
The motors kept having less/more-behaviour in stead of the On/off-behaviour as previously.
A Fc for the bin?

ps: I switched the Flip 1.5 for a KK2.15 and the quad is flying ok again :)
I might also try it with a naze32 i just bought.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
If replacing the fc fixed the problem, it sure sounds like you found the cause. My suspicion is that the water from the storm is what's causing the problem. How well did you clean and dry it out? If you really want to try and salvage the $15 flip, you could try washing it out with distilled water or a mild, electronic safe solvent, letting it dry completely over a few days, erasing the eeprom from the arduino ide with the erase eeprom sketch,and reflashing it.

Ludodg

I checked the FC and it seemed dry to me, no corrosion neether.
Might try to clean it with something else then water, to try to save it.mthx for the tip