Flite Fest 2016 World Record

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Did they give any indication of when they thought they might wrap this up once they get said information?

Old Flyboy

Any more news? Curious to find out any more information as to whether we did qualify for our World Record.....according to Guiness.

Old Flyboy

Yet?

I know you are probably getting sick of people asking, but are you aware of any new information re: our 2016 World Record?

DharanFlyer

I get it. Waiting one 2 witnesses, a timekeeper, and a steward to update forms and submit edits to GWR requests. Was going to call them Tuesday but got slammed at work and don't want to call late at night. Calling them tomorrow.

Don'tmind the asking. Totally get it.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wow still jumpin thru hoops on this huh. At this rate you will be able to announce and present the record at FF18 I am guessing. Just think someone will have to do it again this summer as I am sure other factions in RC world will be gunning for it since you guys made it look so easy. At least you will know the process and where the snags and setbacks have occurred. Keep pressing them to get it completed and thank you for all the effort to stay on top of this.

DharanFlyer

They are just VERY particular. That and working with the witnesses while good they don't have the investment in it we do so just not the turnaround I saw with pilots.

To be fair life is busy here to so I am not always able to do stuff the day GWR sends it.

DharanFlyer

Okay. Since it has been two weeks since I submitted last I asked them for an update. They are going to update me with the status of it within the first week of May. So hopefully only 2 more weeks (or less) until we have the final result.

HilldaFlyer

Two year cycle?
Thanks for managing this endeavor... bet you didn't know what you got yourself into when you started. :rolleyes:
Thanks for keeping it going.

DharanFlyer

Two year cycle?
Thanks for managing this endeavor... bet you didn't know what you got yourself into when you started. :rolleyes:
Thanks for keeping it going.

Glad to do it.

I think with what I learned if we do it in 2018 with either me running it or someone else I have a lot of tips and pointers that I think could take off a good chunk of the time I've spent this time doing it.