Solved Foam board for Ft-Viggen

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Where in Aus do you reside? I ask because I get my FB locally and NOT from officeworks as they are about twice the price available elsewhere.

5mm is about the correct thickness of material. I use sheets 32" x 40" for almost all of my builds!

It I know your area I might be able to give you a local distributor!

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I use Megawood Larson-Juhl foamboard which has an office in Mulgrave Vic and supplies the local picture framing businesses and Art supply shops. Currently I get my sheets for around $10 and I use white and black in 5mm and 3mm in white.

As for the size of the EDF I would go with the original size or scale down the plans to suit the new EDF size.

Have fun!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
The Viggen plans include mount options for both 64mm and 70mm EDFs so if you already have a 64mm then you should be good, if not I would go ahead and get the 70mm.

On the battery, 2200mAh size is fine in the Viggen. But you should check what your EDF max current draw is - 25C is a little in the low side (are you planning 3S or 4S?)

DamoRC

Gill saab

The Viggen plans include mount options for both 64mm and 70mm EDFs so if you already have a 64mm then you should be good, if not I would go ahead and get the 70mm.

On the battery, 2200mAh size is fine in the Viggen. But you should check what your EDF max current draw is - 25C is a little in the low side (are you planning 3S or 4S?)

DamoRC
a 3s

CatholicFlyer

DamoRC

I saw some Youtube videos of the Messerschmitt Me 262, I wonder what EDF was used, figured asking about Jet airplanes here, so I thought to ask.

Gill saab

just asking are you talking about the full scale plane or a model of the messerschmitt me 262 if you are talking about the real thing then well the real thing does not use a edf( electric ducted fan)

Gill saab

I use Megawood Larson-Juhl foamboard which has an office in Mulgrave Vic and supplies the local picture framing businesses and Art supply shops. Currently I get my sheets for around $10 and I use white and black in 5mm and 3mm in white.

As for the size of the EDF I would go with the original size or scale down the plans to suit the new EDF size.

Have fun!
hey what size of foam do you use and what type of foam is it

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
hey what size of foam do you use and what type of foam is it
I use the 32x40 size sheet due to the size of my work area.
As for the type of foam I use the white, acid free, type with the standard paper which actually has 2 laminated layers of foam. Much stronger, slightly heavier.
For most FT designs it gives a fantastic finish though where the FT or other design tends to be a little tail heavy you may need to remove some internal paper. I actually make and sell my own FB designs locally and I have trouble keeping up with the demand!

Have fun!