Foamboard dlgs

bracesport

Legendary member
Taking the wing profile a bit further based on the 'snipe' it looks like this in millimetres.

@flyboa - It would’ve great to see an actual section through one of your wings even if you make a small 2cm wide example?
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.26.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.26.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.27.10 PM.png

bracesport

Legendary member
It's a beauty! I just found a C/F tapered boom that I think will work for a 1.2m wing!

I am guessing you have a pull line and spring on the elevator?

flyboa

Elite member
Yes. Pull line is Beadalon 19 strand .012" wire with 1mm crimps. Spring is .020" music wire. I am running the pull line inside the boom and cutting a slot near the tail with a dremel tool.

flyboa

Elite member
Continued...

20190218_205023.jpg

20190218_205354.jpg

Left wing done. I like to start with the left wing since it has the fibre glass mesh reinforcement for throwing blade.

Need to make another wing jig.

No excuses.....these DLG are easy and fast builds.

Last edited:

flyboa

Elite member
No sanding. The bottom is still covered with paper.

A little glue foaming which can be sanded.
20190218_234819.jpg

Both wings glued and trimmed. Glueing on leading edge strips next.
20190219_115826.jpg

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
Nice, very nice 👍

Why do you glue a leading edge? Is it to remove the need to take paper off the edge of the bottom strip?

What is the drying time for the gorilla glue?

flyboa

Elite member
The leading edge strip is just to form a better leading edge without a seam from the wing halves. Gorilla glue sets up over night.

flyboa

Elite member
The only measurement I make when cutting wing is the cord. In this case 4" . Then free hand the curve to tip. When happy with the first panel I lay it on the other panels and cut to match. Each build is unique. The ailerons are about 2" and cut in the same manner. In final sanding I can blend the shape to what looks about right.