Foamboard Kadet build thread.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
got to fly mine today - was windy but she handled it fine - the more I fly her the more I like her - such a wonderful design! Thank you @Ratcheeroo just need to buy props and a nice landing gear - mine does not cushion the landing and I got bouncing like crazy.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
got to fly mine today - was windy but she handled it fine - the more I fly her the more I like her - such a wonderful design! Thank you @Ratcheeroo just need to buy props and a nice landing gear - mine does not cushion the landing and I got bouncing like crazy.
Awesome! Glad you like it and great job on the build, I appreciate the time you took to build it and for cleaning up the plans(y)(y). Got a new design on the go, I'll let you know when plans are up for it.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I made a tailwheel for it. :)
Didn't see that. Did it help a bit with your CG? Awesome build too by the way (y)(y). I'm thinking that where I'm going to do a taildragger version that the servos will definitely go to the back, probably should have done it on the trike version as well. I am interested to see the flaperons in action, I haven't done that yet.I also appreciate the time you took to build it, thank you.

SSgt Duramax

Didn't see that. Did it help a bit with your CG? Awesome build too by the way (y)(y). I'm thinking that where I'm going to do a taildragger version that the servos will definitely go to the back, probably should have done it on the trike version as well. I am interested to see the flaperons in action, I haven't done that yet.I also appreciate the time you took to build it, thank you.
I enjoyed building it. I am always paranoid my planes will end up tail heavy, so I build in a paranoid fashion. It pretty well balances out on the spar as it is with no battery in it. The plane is light, which means I can quite literally shove any sized battery in it I want. I think this one will be a keeper, I actually told my daughter she can have it once she is ready to move up.

20220226_001108.jpg