Foamboard Kadet build thread.

JustPlaneChris

I've been on the Adams site many times, even as recently as today, and they don't have black/black Readi-Board listed, that I could find, BUT, I received the Dollar Tree newsletter email today, and linked to the DT store to browse. What did I find?! R. L. Adams Readi-Board in Black/Black! I plan to pick up a few tomorrow for build/quality testing.
Don't believe the label! What I have here says "Black / Black" but it's black paper and white foam. :(
Incidentally, I posted the results of my Uline foam order in the "Where do you get your substitute DTFB" thread.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
A2BB24CF-3EC9-47EC-B273-003BB4926623.jpeg
6D679C58-AF31-41FE-957B-9D7E2F00AF50.jpeg
EAFFC5B8-1873-4FBA-9ADF-FC46B47D5439.jpeg
9F7DBCB8-BA0D-49FB-B6F6-CBD60DFB2B5D.jpeg
BADA03EA-83FE-4BF8-A7F7-3EFE2EE33BA1.jpeg
7CB83827-E60A-40C5-9648-28EDB05A3727.jpeg

SSgt Duramax

Cool! This plane is a dream to fly! I wish I had a picture of my gear but I do not!
What size battery are you using? Mine balances out with a 1000mah 3s, although that is partially due to the fact it has a 3530 stuffed in the front for moar torque!

I am going to have to ram my 2200 pretty far back.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
What size battery are you using? Mine balances out with a 1000mah 3s, although that is partially due to the fact it has a 3530 stuffed in the front for moar torque!
I am using a 2600mah 3s… Just a standard 2216 1300kv motor and enough power for vertical. I had my needle cutter cut me some formers to hold the battery in its spot where it balances so all I have to do is slide the battery in and it is on the CG!
920845D3-A3A2-4C2A-AEB0-C0044EE9BF7A.jpeg
96A8C2F8-022E-4DE2-AF19-3998F722BCF9.jpeg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
So @SSgt Duramax and @KN4IUU would you like to see a bit of a rework on the canopy/ hatch / cowl thing? Maybe a one piece thing would be easier? I am going to make an adjustment to the very front former and widen it out a bit and a bigger radius. You guys kind of got ahead of me LOL in your builds and I wasn't able to get parts to you quick enough. I am not totally happy with that front end, the top cowl just isn't quite there, thats why I am making adjustments to that front former. Shaping foam is a solution but part of the goal was to make this a fairly easy , repeatable build.

SSgt Duramax

So @SSgt Duramax and @KN4IUU would you like to see a bit of a rework on the canopy/ hatch / cowl thing? Maybe a one piece thing would be easier? I am going to make an adjustment to the very front former and widen it out a bit and a bigger radius. You guys kind of got ahead of me LOL in your builds and I wasn't able to get parts to you quick enough. I am not totally happy with that front end, the top cowl just isn't quite there, thats why I am making adjustments to that front former. Shaping foam is a solution but part of the goal was to make this a fairly easy , repeatable build.

Maybe, i do see the hatch possibly hanging up a newer builder. In all fairness, i havent built one following the plans exactly, it was partially your parts, and partially stuff I made up as I went.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Indeed I made your hatch first, forgot to take a photo and then I crashed so hard it got utterly destroyed... I feel that it is pretty weak as it is and I decided to make the foam canopy because it looks so much better and it is virtually indestructible.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Indeed I made your hatch first, forgot to take a photo and then I crashed so hard it got utterly destroyed... I feel that it is pretty weak as it is and I decided to make the foam canopy because it looks so much better and it is virtually indestructible.
Thanks for the input but have to disagree with you on the weakness though, probably the most solid piece LOL, I do like the foam though. (y)(y)