Fokker DR1

FoamFlyer

Where are the SE5a plans, that were used in the video. I would like to make a pair to combat with.

Last edited:

FoamFlyer

IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0492.JPG

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Nice build! But you haven't put in a power system yet. Will you use the 1300mAh with a DT750 like the Fokker?

ReDeYe

Well since I'm leaving the paper on the foam can I not use just cheap spray paint from Walmart especially if I do light coats?

You can paint the dollar tree foam board with any regular spray paint. Thats how i painted mine just like the other guy said start with a dusting. I used rustoleum red it turned out pretty good. Just need to get some bigger wheels for it too.

P1050650.JPG
P1050652.JPG P1050650.JPG P1050651.JPG

Last edited:

con244

I'm waiting on my power system to come but have a problem with the foam board. The top wing has developed a bend in it. It is bowed with the center of the wing higher than the outside edges. I am not familiar with foamboard, is there any way to stop this from happening? I though that lowering the center part of the wing over the strut would fix it but hasn't. The other wings are fine.
Regards
Con

gadgetmerc

plans page is down

When i click on the link for any of his plans i get, "Sorry the personal web site for this customer has been suspended." Does anyone have the plans for a SE5A handy? Please?

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
I think I still have them on my computer, I'll check tonight. If you need them I can email.

rodent

I picked up a 750 for this build, but it came with a long threaded shaft. How do you recommend cutting it down, and what prop adapter do you recommend?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I picked up a 750 for this build, but it came with a long threaded shaft. How do you recommend cutting it down, and what prop adapter do you recommend?

For a threaded shaft, I don't recommend using an adapter. You are better off just using a screw on either side of the prop. Cut off the shaft if you think it can hurt something in a crash.

--

Side note - I need a DT750 for my tricopter... and they're not in stock...

rodent

thanks, so now the mission isxto find the right sized nuts, and washers i guess...i ordered the motor in april, im still waiting for one of my hk orders...the support guy 'accidently' cancelled it and i had to resubmit...it finally shiped 2 months later! Im still waiting for it to arrive. I like the josh and josh videos, and i have built their nutbal, funbat, and f22, now i want to build a full 4 channel dr1. Here you can get foamboard without the paper, much like depron i think, but it only cost about 2.5 per big sheet. It will be lighter, but maybe not as strong.

rodent

i also made the blue baby, with both wing versions, i think they should do a build on that plane. It has been a great trainer. Our club is building 15 of them