FPV Goggles for double-vision...

nymtber

Ok, so the title says it all. I have double-vision. Fixed with glasses. I have BetaFPV VR02, but can't wear glasses under those...they are fine most of the time, but in quick maneuvers that come with tiny whoops, I sometimes lose focus, which compounds into a bump in the wall, or even crash. If I'm tired, I can't really focus, either. I'm not talking exhaustion, just if my eyes are tired...

Anyone else with double-vision have any input? I'm thinking a dual-screen goggle will make this a non-issue, but I have no idea. My prescription other than double-vision is minor and for distance anyway. I'm just flying tinywhoop/micro-drones around the house...for now. The VR02 don't have any range issue in my house. Even flying into the room that has my WiFi router, no issue besides a little static. But, I'd like external antennas for some ground vehicle FPV in the future (I have a camera/vtx, just have to set it all up).

Maybe FatShark Scout are my option. They are affordable, at least...and my glasses should fit in them no issue (narrow frames). But if I can avoid wearing glasses for FPV, that is the best option...

Thanks!

nymtber

Diplopia is the actual issue, commonly called double vision. I don't see one image, I see two overlapping images side by side. Glasses made life enjoyable again, and have probably prevented injury too lol! I have minor positive correction as well, eye Dr said that wasn't enough to normally require glasses on its own.

Bricks

Master member
With that being the problem you may have to go to a style of goggles that will let you wear your glasses inside them.

nymtber

I've been looking at the fatshark scout box goggles. They don't look much bigger than my vr02s, but should fit my glasses, and have dvr 😊

I have found them for $170 after sale, so $190 or so after tax, not terrible for the features...

nymtber

So, I ended up ordering the FatShark Scout for $169 shipped to my door. My glasses would fit if I removed the foam inserts in the bump-outs, but I decided to try them first for a while without glasses.

This is where the magic happened, I am able to focus comfortably WITHOUT glasses!!! Good picture, NO static through the bedrooms, where the VR02 would break up a little bit, and the fan keeps them from fogging if I pop them up to go flip the whoop over...inevitable. Best of all, they are very compact for box goggles, and don't weigh much or feel like they are sliding off, and I don't have them set up overly snug either!