Help! FPV system acting up

NicCf1

Hey guys. I recently got an Aeroscout as a birthday present and I wanted to attach my FPV
IMG_5330.jpg
IMG_5334.jpg
IMG_5331.jpg
IMG_5332.jpg
IMG_5333.jpg
system to it. The system used to work but something happened and now it doesn't. The transmitter has a red LED on when it has power so it is transmitting. The headset shows a black screen that turns static when I unplug the transmitter. I don't know what's going on but I need some help! I have attached pics.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Looks like the plug on the wires coming back from the camera is plugged in backwards. Should be yellow ->yellow red->red black ->brown

Screenshot_20240221-080505.png

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
Black screen when it’s on, but static when it’s off? So that black screen is definitely a signal of some kind. Don’t get me wrong but err… Does your camera have a dust cap on the lens right now?

Shurik-1960

1. To check the video transmission system, you need a monitor with a receiver or other video glasses. 2. To check the video points, you need a normally working video camera with a transmitter. You can take 100 and 500 photos that NO ONE can help you with. Based on my experience using FPV, your transmitter chip burned out due to insufficient cooling of the transmitter board (I usually put an additional radiator on double-sided heat-conducting tape). I successfully succeeded in replacing this chip for 4 times))) Your camera is very reliable, but it dies in direct contact with the ground (the lens with the video matrix opens). You have -100% working. I try to install the video transmitter board facing the wind from the propeller - this increases the blowing of the board ( your board is installed edge-on).

LitterBug

Techno Nut
unplug and plug-in all your connectors. Make sure you are transmitting on the channel you think you are, and make sure the goggles are tuned in to the correct channel.

Take a clearer picture of the back of the camera. It is so out of focus I can't read anything or tell where the black wire is plugged in

NicCf1

1. To check the video transmission system, you need a monitor with a receiver or other video glasses. 2. To check the video points, you need a normally working video camera with a transmitter. You can take 100 and 500 photos that NO ONE can help you with. Based on my experience using FPV, your transmitter chip burned out due to insufficient cooling of the transmitter board (I usually put an additional radiator on double-sided heat-conducting tape). I successfully succeeded in replacing this chip for 4 times))) Your camera is very reliable, but it dies in direct contact with the ground (the lens with the video matrix opens). You have -100% working. I try to install the video transmitter board facing the wind from the propeller - this increases the blowing of the board ( your board is installed edge-on).
So what do I need to replace? The transmission chip?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The fact that you have a black screen indicates the transmitter is sending a signal out. Seems more like an issue with the camera wiring.

NicCf1

The fact that you have a black screen indicates the transmitter is sending a signal out. Seems more like an issue with the camera wiring.
Ok. It used to work so I dont know how the wiring got messed up. I crashed into a snow bank but everything was okay.

Shurik-1960

After buying all my video transmitter boards in China, I dip them in a special varnish for waterproofing the boards, followed by drying. A total of 3 coats of varnish. I do this work with the windings of new motors and regulator boards (I cut the heat shrink and remove the cooling plate from the keys). Your main problem is a snowdrift..The video transmitter chip heats up to 40-70 degrees Celsius. Write the model of the video transmitter and I will look at the name of the chip according to the scheme. You don't have to check the FPV goggles, they work.